Baseball Hosts Stanford For A Three-Game Set At Goss
April 14, 2010
Oregon State (20-8, 3-3) vs. Stanford (15-13, 4-5)
RHP Greg Peavey (3-0, 1.91) vs. LHP Brett Mooneyham (1-4, 6.03)
April 16, 2010 • 5:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
Oregon State and Stanford open their three-game series at Goss Stadium. First pitch Friday night is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. PT.
The games will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will not be televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio and video stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Stefen Romero hit his seventh home run of the season, but the 17th-ranked Oregon State baseball team lost the series finale to No. 3 UCLA, 8-2, Sunday afternoon at Goss Stadium. Romero’s home run put the game at a 2-2 tie in the sixth, as it went over the left field fence on a 2-0 pitch. However, Rob Rasmussen, who was able to get the win after going seven full innings, shut the Beavers down until the top half of the seventh when Tyler Rahmatulla hit a solo homer to right that served as the game-winner.
It will be interesting to see if either of the clubs can sweep the series. Neither OSU nor Stanford has swept the series since the Beavers did so in 2006 at Goss. Prior to that, there had not been a series sweep since Stanford did so in Palo Alto in 2001.
Oregon State relievers inherited 21 runners over the last two games against the Bruins. They stranded 17 (80.9 percent).
Oregon State is 13-5 at home this season.
Notes Of Importance
• Jared Norris has walked seven times in just three career games against Stanford.
• Oregon State has 18 home runs as a team this season, and needs just five to tie last season’s total of 23. The Beavers are on pace for 35 through the regular season.
• Friday’s starter, Greg Peavey, has two consecutive quality starts and has given up just two runs in his last 16 innings.
• Peavey is also 6-1 in 16 career games - 10 starts - at Goss Stadium.
• Nine different Beavers have started in right this season. Jared Norris has logged the most starts with seven.
• OSU has also had 11 different players bat in the No. 7 spot in the order. Carter Bell leads with seven appearances there.
• OSU is 14-2 when scoring first.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:30pm PTLive