Seven Trojans Selected In NFL Draft
April 24, 2010
Seven USC players were selected in the 2010 NFL Draft.
That ties for second (with Alabama and Oklahoma) for most draftees this year, behind only Florida's 9 picks.
USC has had at least 5 players chosen in each of the past 6 NFL drafts (and 7 of the last 8).
The USC selections:
- Safety Taylor Mays was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers with the 17th pick in the second round (49th overall);
- Offensive tackle Charles Brown was picked by the New Orleans Saints with the 32nd pick in the second round (64th overall);
- Wide receiver Damian Williams was selected by the Tennessee Titans with the 13th pick in the third round (77th overall);
- Cornerback Kevin Thomas went to the Indianapolis Colts with the 30th pick in the third round (94th overall);
- Defensive end Everson Griffen was chosen by the Minnesota Vikings with the second pick in the fourth round (100th overall);
- Tailback Joe McKnight was drafted by the New York Jets with the 14th pick in the fourth round (112th overall);
- and tight end Anthony McCoy was selected by the Seattle Seahawks with the 16th pick in the sixth round (185th overall).
Williams, Griffen and McKnight all were selected after declaring for the draft following their junior years.
USC has now had 464 players drafted by the NFL in history, second only to Notre Dame's 466.