Baseball Heads To California For Three-Game Series
April 29, 2010
Oregon State (21-14, 4-8) vs. California (23-15, 8-7)
RHP Greg Peavey (3-1, 2.54) vs. RHP Erik Johnson (5-2, 3.08)
April 29, 2010 • 2:30 p.m. PT • Berkeley, Calif. • Evans Diamond
Oregon State opens its three-game series at California Friday. First pitch from Evans Diamond is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. PT.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game is not televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
The Oregon State baseball team dropped a 9-4 decision to No. 17 Oregon in a non-conference game Tuesday night at PK Park. Andrew Susac supplied Oregon State with its main highlight offensively, hitting the first pitch he saw from Oregon reliever Madison Boer over the left-center fence. It was his first career long ball. All told, the Beavers rapped out 10 hits to 11 for Oregon, with Stefen Romero pacing the club with three – including two doubles - and Adalberto Santos totaling two to extend his hit streak to six games.
Stefen Romero has hit well as of late, posting a .429 batting average (9-for-21) over his last five games. He has two doubles and a home run with three RBI over that stretch.
Andrew Susac hit his first career home run Tuesday and in doing so, gave the Beavers 23 home runs as a team this season, tying their mark from all of last season.
Adalberto Santos is 9-for-26 (.346) during his six-game hit streak.
Notes Of Importance
• The Beavers are in the midst of a seven-game road trip, the team’s longest of the season.
• Adalberto Santos has reached base safely in all but two games this season. His only two not to reach base were Feb. 21 vs. Hawaii and March 20 vs. Maine.
• Santos is the only Beaver to start at the same position in all 35 games this season, doing so in center field.
• Friday’s starter, Greg Peavey, has thrown five quality starts this season, and in three of his last four games.
• Peavey, however, will be looking for his first win since April 9 when he two-hit No. 3 UCLA.
• The Beavers are 3-2 on the road when scoring first and 5-2 away from Goss when limiting opponents to five runs or less.
• OSU was 24-11 through 35 games in 2009.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 11:00am PTLive
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive