Baseball Hosts Civil War Matchup; Saturday, Sunday Games To Be Televised
May 5, 2010
Oregon State (21-17, 4-11) vs. Oregon (30-15, 10-8)
RHP Greg Peavey (3-2, 3.27) vs. LHP Tyler Anderson (6-3, 2.62)
May 7, 2010 • 5:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium
Oregon State and Oregon open their three-game series at Goss Stadium. First pitch Friday is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. PT.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game is not televised.
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio and video stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
The Oregon State baseball team fell to the California Golden Bears in the series finale Sunday 9-3 at Evans Diamond in Berkeley, Calif. Sophomore Sam Gaviglio started the game for the Beavers and got behind early giving up three runs in the bottom of the first inning. He finished the game going three innings, giving up seven earned runs off of six hits. He struck out two and walked two. Gaviglio dropped to 2-2 on the season.
Oregon State just returned form a seven-game road trip and will now play its next nine games at Goss Stadium. It’s OSU’s second longest homestand, behind an 11-gamer that saw the Beavers go 9-2 in late March.
Smith’s Big Weekend
Tyler Smith had a big weekend against California, going 6-for-9 with two doubles. He started Saturday’s and Sunday’s games and upped his average to .250. It had been at .197 to start the weekend.
Santos Going For 10
Adalberto Santos will attempt to be the first Beaver to reached a double-figure hit streak. He’s on a nine-gamer and is .361 (13-for-36) during it.
Notes Of Importance
• Saturday’s and Sunday’s games of the series will be broadcast live. Saturday’s is on FSN Northwest/KEZI 9.2 and Sunday’s will be on Comcast SportsNet Northwest with it also airing on delay on FSN Northwest.
• Friday’s starter, Greg Peavey, is 2-0 all-time against Oregon and has struck out eight in 11 2/3 innings.
• OSU will be going for its 14th win at Goss this season, which would give the Beavers at least 14 victories at home in six straight seasons.
• Rob Folsom has eight multi-hit and eight multi-RBI efforts this season, doubling his total in each category last season.
• OSU’s No. 8 batters have combined to bat .331 this season, second only to the No. 5 spot, which is at .351.
• OSU is 4-1 in Friday home games.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 8/24 | 7:00pm PTLive
Fri 8/25 | 6:00pm PTLive