Baseball Hits The Road For Pivotal Series At No. 3 Arizona State
May 20, 2010
Oregon State (27-19, 9-12) vs. Arizona State (42-6, 16-5)
RHP Greg Peavey (4-2, 3.30) vs. RHP Seth Blair (9-0, 3.04)
May 21, 2010 • 6:30 p.m. PT • Tempe, Ariz. • Packard Stadium
Oregon State and Arizona State open their three-game series in Tempe. First pitch Friday night from Packard Stadium is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. PT.
The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Network, Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com), with Mike Parker calling the action. For more information on catching the Beavers on the radio, check osubeavers.com.
The game will be televised nationally on a tape delayed basis on FSN. Barry Tompkins will serve as the play-by-play announcer while former Major Leaguer Morgan Ensberg will handle color. The game will air across the nation Saturday (2 p.m. on FSN Northwest).
Catch live updates of the game by visiting osubeavers.com and clicking on Gametracker. The game will also be available via a live audio and video stream on Beaver Nation Online (osubeavers.com) for a fee.
Adalberto Santos and Travis Anderson each hit first-inning home runs and the Oregon State baseball team rolled to a 12-2 victory over Seattle Tuesday in a non-conference game at Goss Stadium. All told, OSU tallied 15 hits off four Seattle pitchers. Santos led the Beavers with three hits in four at bats as the centerfielder extended his hit streak to seven games. Jared Norris, starting in right, extended his hit streak to six games by going 2-for-5 with two runs scored. Parker Berberet doubled twice and finished 2-for-2 with four runs batted in, including three in the Beavers’ four-run seventh.
The Daily Stefen Watch
Stefen Romero reached on an infield single Tuesday and extended his hit streak to 14 games. He is 21-for-54 (.388) during his streak.
Out-Hit Is The Key
OSU is 19-1 in games in which it out-hits its opponents, including 7-0 away from home.
Notes Of Importance
• The Beavers are 14-4 this season when its starting pitcher throws a quality start (three earned runs or less in at least six innings). They are 5-1 away from Goss Stadium.
• Oregon State has hit 11 home runs in its last nine games after hitting 23 in its first 37 games.
• The Beavers are 3-2 in televised games this season and 55-27 since 1990.
• Adalberto Santos’ leadoff home run Tuesday was OSU’s first since Jacoby Ellsbury did it against BYU on March 29, 2005.
• OSU is now 25-6 when holding opponents to five runs or less. The Beavers are 14-0 at two runs or less.
• Saturday’s game will air live on FSN Arizona and on tape delay on FSN Northwest at 10 p.m. Sunday night.
• OSU is 2-1 in one-run road games in 2010.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 8:00pm PTLive