Pac-10 Game Of The Week: Oregon At USC
Oregon (7-0) at USC (5-2)
Oct. 30, 2010
5:00 p.m. PT
Oregon players to watch:
• LB #55 Casey Matthews, Sr. - Brother of former USC and current Green Bay (NFL) LB Clay Matthews, this fast and intense performer is all over the field as he is solid vs. both run and pass.
• FS #20 John Boyett, So. - This kid is one of the best safeties in the country and is a leader of the underrated Duck defense.
• CB #37 Talmadge Jackson, Sr. - Excels in m/m coverage and is also an aggressive tackler.
• CB #13 Cliff Harris, So. - Leads Oregon with four interceptions. Very good range and ball skills.
• RB #5 Remene Alston, Sr. - Gives the Ducks a productive complement to Heisman candidate LaMichael James.
USC players to watch:
• OT #70 Tyron Smith, Jr. - One of the most athletically gifted tackles in the country. Future high NFL Draft choice.
• OT #75 Matt Kalil, So. - Along with Smith, this 6'7 giant gives the Trojans possibly the best bookend OT combo in the country.
• LB #42 Devon Kennard, So. - Has the size/speed to play sideline to sideline. Also a very good pass rusher.
• LB #17 Michael Morgan, Sr. - This weak side LB has to have a career day to help slow the Ducks offense. Very active in the run game.
• WR #83 Ron Johnson, Sr. - Excellent route runner with big play ability. Trojans top receiving threat.
Oregon is a very solid team with the nation's number one offense. It is very difficult to stop due to all the misdirection and multitude of formations they throw at the opponent. USC will have to play very disciplined defense and come up with some turnovers if they want to keep it close. The Oregon defense is extremely fast and active with one of the best secondaries in the land. The Trojan offense, on the other hand, is led by one of the better passers in college football in Matt Barkley and remain very talented at the skill positions. This game will be filled with big plays, and will be a great game to watch.
Thu 1/25 | 6:30pm PTLive