The Apple Cup: Washington at Washington State
"The Apple Cup"
Washington (5-6) at Washington State (2-9)
- Scouting the quarterbacks: Jake Locker vs. Jeff Tuel
- Jake Locker Highlights
- Jeff Tuel Highlights
Washington players to watch:
- LB #40 Mason Foster, Sr. - The energetic Foster is all over the field, leading the Pac-10 in tackles with 137.
- LB #41 Victor Aiyewa, Sr. - His football awareness has allowed him to post 17 TFL's on the season
- S #8 Nate Williams, Sr. - Impressive in the run game, Williams is leading the Huskies secondary with 96 stops to date.
- WR #15 Jermaine Kearse, Jr. - Jake Locker's favorite target has impressive deep speed to go with his 10 touchdown grabs.
Washington State players to watch:
- QB #10 Jeff Tuel, So. - The efficient pocket passer is an accurate underneath passer who doesn't force many throws.
- WR #84 Jared Karstetter, Jr. - This guy gets open consistently underneath and is a favorite third down target of QB Tuel.
- WR #86 Marquess Wilson, Fr. - Future bodes well for this young speedster who leads the Cougars with 968 receiving yards.
- P #8 Reid Forrest, Sr. - One of the nation's top punters is averaging an impressive 45.2 per punt including 17 of 50 plus yards.
Both of these teams are playing some of their best football late in the season. Washington is riding a two-game winning streak while the Cougars are coming off an impressive route of Oregon State. This could be QB Jake Locker's last college game so I would expect him to leave a lasting positive impression on the Husky faithful. Though he has been up and down all season, Locker is a gifted passer and if he brings his A game, he can throw as well as any QB in the country. The Cougars' lack of elite pass rushers is not in their favor, so stopping Locker and company will pose quite a challenge on Saturday. Jake Locker must have an exceptional game if the Huskies want to bring the Apple Cup back to Seattle.
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive