Conference Play Continues
Download Complete Release
PAC-12 MEN'S SOCCER NOTES
• In the second week of Pac-12 play, San Diego State and UCLA head to the Pacific Northwest to put their spotless conference records on the line against Oregon State and Washington. California and Stanford face off on Sunday as both teams seek their first league win.
• Oregon State JR F Emery Welshman earned Bank of the West Player of the Week honors after tallying one goal and one assist in the Beavers' 2-1 upset of Washington in their Pac-12 opener. It marked OSU's first home win over a ranked opponent since defeating No. 18 SDSU in 2007. Welshman has two goals and three assists this season after transferring from Siena College, where he was named the 2010 MAAC Offensive Player of the Year.
• Unbeaten over its last seven games, SDSU is ranked in all five national polls this week: NSCAA (15), Soccer America (18), College Soccer News (24), Soccer Times (21) and Top Drawer Soccer (28). The Aztecs are 2-0 in league play for the first time since starting 3-0 in 2007.
• SDSU RS SO GK Blake Hylen had a career-high seven saves in the 1-0 win over Stanford on Friday. The one goal allowed against Cal was Hylen's first in 356 minutes of play. RS SO F Jordan Ongaro lifted the Aztecs over Cal with two goals, including the game winner in the 85th minute.
• UCLA is off to a 2-0 start in Pac-12 play and has won six straight against conference foes. SR MF/D Andy Rose scored the first golden goal of his career in the first minute of overtime to give the Bruins the 1-0 victory against Cal. He also converted a penalty kick in the 2-0 win over Stanford. Rose was named the College Soccer News National Team of the Week. He has played 3,857 consecutive minutes for UCLA dating back to 2009.
• The Bruins have climbed in the national polls, including a 10-spot jump in the NSCAA rankings to No. 15.
• Washington SR F Brent Richards and UCLA SR MF/D Andy Rose are candidates for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award, given to student-athletes who excel both on an off the field. The 30-candidate class will be narrowed to 10 finalists midway through the season. Fans and media will be able to vote at seniorCLASSaward.com.
Friday, Oct. 7
No. 20/18 San Diego State at Oregon State, 7 p.m. PT*
No. 15/13 UCLA at Washington, 7:30 p.m. PT*
Sunday, Oct. 9
California at Stanford, 6 p.m. PT*
No. 20/18 San Diego State at Washington, 2:30 p.m. PT*
No. 15/13 UCLA at Oregon State, 1 p.m. PT*
* Pac-12 contest
Rankings - NSCAA/Soccer America
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 10:30am PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive