This Week in Pac-12 Baseball
• ARIZONA, OREGON, STANFORD and UCLA continue to represent the Pac-12 in the postseason as Super Regionals get under way this weekend. Arizona, Oregon and UCLA each will host a Super Regional, while Stanford travels to Tallahassee, Fla., to face No. 3 national seed Florida State.
• The Pac-12 reached 200 wins on the season on Sunday, boasting a .702 cumulative winning percentage. The Conference went 14-2 in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.
• Arizona barreled through the Tucson Regional over the weekend, outscoring its opponents 47-10 and putting up a blistering .472 batting average and 58 hits over three games.
• Stanford junior RHP Mark Appel is one of three finalists for the Golden Spikes Award, and is one of five semifinalists for the College Baseball Hall of Fame's National Pitcher of the Year Award. Appel was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates Monday night as the No. 8 overall pick.
• Oregon sophomore RHP Jimmie Sherfy is one of five finalists for the NCBWA Stopper of the Year Award, which honors college baseball's top relief specialist.
• Arizona junior shortstop Alex Mejia is one of five semifinalists for the Brooks Wallace Award, an honor recognizing college baseball's best shortstop.
• Stanford junior utility player Stephen Piscotty is one of five semifinalists for the John Olerud Two-Way Player of the Year Award. Piscotty has contributed in the outfield, at first and third base, and, more recently, on the mound as a right-handed pitcher.
• Through 15 rounds of the MLB Draft, 30 players from the Pac-12 have been selected. Mark Appel was the Pac-12's highest pick at No. 8 overall. UCLA leads all Conference schools with seven selections through the first 15 rounds.
• The Pac-12 Baseball All-Academic team was released Tuesday and is on pages six and seven of this release.
Los Angeles Super Regional (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Friday, June 8: Texas Christian vs. UCLA, 6 p.m. (ESPN)
Saturday, June 9: Texas Christian vs. UCLA, 6 p.m. (ESPN2)
Sunday, June 10: Texas Christian vs. UCLA, 6 p.m. (ESPN2)*
Tucson Super Regional (Tucson, Ariz.)
Friday, June 8: St. John's vs. Arizona, 1 p.m. (ESPN2)
Saturday, June 9: St. John's vs. Arizona, 1 p.m. (ESPN2)
Sunday, June 10: St. John's vs. Arizona, 2 p.m. (ESPN2)*
Eugene Super Regional (Eugene, Ore.)
Saturday, June 9: Kent State vs. Oregon, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
Sunday, June 10: Kent State vs. Oregon, 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
Monday, June 11: Kent State vs. Oregon, 4 p.m. (ESPNU)*
Tallahassee Super Regional (Tallahassee, Fla.)
Friday, June 8: Stanford vs. Florida State, 4 p.m. (ESPN2)
Saturday, June 9: Stanford vs. Florida State, 3 p.m. (ESPN2)
Sunday, June 10: Stanford vs. Florida State, 4 p.m. (ESPN2)*
Fri.-Mon.Tues., June 15-25/26
College World Series, TBA
*If necessary. All series are best of three.
Game times are local to site and subject to change.
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive