No. 1 vs. No. 2 showdown this week in Pac-12 volleyball
By the Pac-12 Conference
• With Pac-12 volleyball teams beginning Conference play this week, the live television schedule amps up. Nearly every match this week will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks and can also be seen on the Pac-12 Now app for iPad.
• No. 1 vs. No. 2 go head-to-head on ESPNU, the first time ever the network will televise a regular-season Pac-12 volleyball match. Defending NCAA Champion UCLA, who took over the No. 1 spot in the AVCA National Coaches poll this week, travels to defending Pac-12 Champion USC for the first of two meetings this season. It is the second time in as many seasons a No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup takes place during the first week of Pac-12 play.
• Conference teams were dominant in the final week of non-league action. The 12 teams went a combined 29-1 last week, with 17 of those matches coming in three-set decisions. After four weekends of non-conference tilts, Pac-12 teams posted a 110-22 mark (83.3 percent).
• Five league teams are riding win streaks of at least eight matches or better, and every teams enters the Conference slate with a winning record.
• Five Pac-12 teams are ranked again this week, all of them in the top eight in the country. Aside from the Bruins and Trojans, WASHINGTON is No. 5 for the second-straight week, while STANFORD and OREGON each improved a spot to No. 7 and No. 8, respectively.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
Arizona State at Arizona P12N 7 p.m. PT
Washington State at #5 Washington P12N 7 p.m. PT
Wednesday, Sept. 19
California at #6 Stanford P12N 7 p.m. PT
Oregon State at #8 Oregon P12N 7 p.m. PT
Utah at Colorado P12N 8 p.m. MT
#1 UCLA at #2 USC ESPNU 7 p.m. PT
Friday, Sept. 21
Washington State at Arizona State P12N 6 p.m. PT #8 Oregon at #2 USC P12N 6 p.m. PT
#6 Stanford at Utah P12N 7 p.m. MT Oregon State at #1 UCLA P12N 8 p.m. PT
Saturday, Sept. 22
Arizona at #5 Washington 7 p.m. PT
California at Colorado 7 p.m. MT
P12N indicates live broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks & Pac-12 Now app for iPad.
ESPNU indicates live national broadcast.