Men's soccer set to begin conference play
By the Pac-12 Conference
• CONFERENCE PLAY BEGINS: Conference play begins this week with five matches taking place. Three games will be shown on the Pac-12 Network, UCLA at STANFORD on Friday Sept. 28 at 4 p.m., UCLA at CALIFORNIA and OREGON STATE at WASHINGTON, both on Sunday Sept. 30 at 4 p.m.
• PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Senior forward Emery Welshman led the Beavers to a 2-0 weekend at the Hensor/Zaher Nike Classic against opponents UW-Green Bay and UC Irvine. Welshman had nine points on the weekend, seven from the game against UW-Green Bay, where he had a hat trick and an assist.
• SCORING SENSATION: Pac-12 teams outscored their opponents 23-10 this week. There were 14 different players who scored, and five with multiple goals on the weekend.
• 200TH VICTORY: OREGON STATE earned the program's 200th victory in exciting fashion as they beat UW-Green Bay 6-1. The team saw four different players score, including a hat trick from senior forward Emery Welshman.
• TURNING IT AROUND: After a slow start to the season for UCLA, with a 1-1-1 record after three games, the Bruins have gone on a run winning four of their last five games and outscoring their opponents 6-3.
• STRONG CONFERENCE: The Pac-12 have finished their non-conference play with a higher average Conference winning percentage (.635) than the past season. The teams increased their winning percentage by 6.3 percent over last year.
•OFFENSIVE POWERHOUSE: STANFORD's SR F Adam Jahn leads the Pac-12 in career shots, points and goals. He's been a strong offensive threat so far this season with four goals and two assists for ten points, and 31 shots
Fri, Sept. 28
San Diego State at California, 4:30 p.m. PT*
UCLA at Stanford, P12N, 4 p.m. PT*
Sun., Sept. 30
UCLA at California, P12N, 4 p.m. PT*
Oregon State at Washington, P12N, 4 p.m. PT*
San Diego State at Stanford, 2:30 p.m. PT*
* indicates Conference game