This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
By the Pac-12 Conference
|Tues., Dec. 18||Time||TV|
|STANFORD at No. 25 North Carolina State||9 p.m. ET||ESPN2|
|Oral Roberts at No. 4 ARIZONA||7 p.m. MT||P12N|
|Southern Methodist at UTAH||7 p.m. MT||P12N|
|Long Beach State at UCLA||8 p.m. PT||P12N|
|UC Santa Barbara at CALIFORNIA||8 p.m. PT||P12N|
|Wed., Dec. 19|
|OREGON at Texas-El Paso||6 p.m. MT||CBSSN|
|Howard at OREGON STATE||7 p.m. PT||P12N|
|Thurs., Dec. 20|
|Cal Poly at WASHINGTON||6 p.m. PT||P12N|
|UC Irvine at USC||8 p.m. PT||P12N|
|Fri., Dec. 21|
|STANFORD at Northwestern||8 p.m. CT||BTN|
|Northern Arizona at COLORADO||6:30 p.m. MT||P12N|
|WASHINGTON STATE vs. Buffalo (23)||7:30 p.m. PT||P12N|
|Cal State Northridge at UTAH||8:30 p.m. MT||P12N|
|Sat., Dec. 22|
|USC at Georgia||1:30 p.m. ET||FSN|
|Houston Baptist at OREGON||12 noon PT||P12N|
|Northern Illinois at WASHINGTON||4 p.m. PT||P12N|
|OREGON STATE vs. San Diego (24)||6 p.m. PT||P12N|
|Fresno State at UCLA||8 p.m. PT||P12N|
|No. 4 ARIZONA vs. East Tennessee State (25)||5:30 p.m. HT||ESPNU|
|Prairie View A&M at CALIFORNIA||2 p.m. PT||P12N|
|ARIZONA STATE at Texas Tech||1 p.m. CT||FSAZ/FSSW|
|Sun., Dec. 23|
|No. 4 ARIZONA vs. Miami, Fla. or Hawai'i (25)||4/6:30 p.m. HT||ESPN2 or U|
|Mon., Dec. 25|
|No. 4 ARIZONA vs. TBD (25)||TBD||ESPN2 or U|
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site
Neutral Sites & Tournaments
(23) Seattle, Wash. (KeyArena)
(24) Las Vegas, Nev. (MGM Grand Garden Arena
(25) Diamond Head Classic, Honolulu, Hawai'i (Stan Sheriff Center)
AROUND THE PAC-12
• After posting just one win over a Top 25 team last season, the Pac-12 has posted three such wins this year. In fact, ARIZONA's win over No. 5 Florida is the league's first regular season win over a Top 10 non-conference team since Dec. 19, 2009 when USC knocked off No. 9 Tennessee, 77-55.
• At 8-0, No. 4 Arizona remains the Pac-12's lone unbeaten, and only one of eight nationally. The No. 4 ranking is the highest ranking for the Wildcats since coming in a No. 3 on Jan. 6, 2004. Arizona is off to its best start for the program since the 1998-99 squad started the season 8-0. The last UA squad to post nine straight wins to open the season was the 1987-88 team that opened the year 12-0.
• The first Pac-12 coaches media teleconference call of the season will be Tuesday, Dec. 18 - see complete schedule on page 6. To request the teleconference phone number, please email Dave Hirsch (firstname.lastname@example.org) from your work email account.
• BEAVER BELIEVER... OREGON STATE junior G Roberto Nelson has led the Beavers on a modest three-game winning streak. Over the last three games, Nelson is averaging 25.3 points, 3.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 3.7 steals. During that stretch, he's shooting 24-of-39 (.615) from the field and 12-of-15 (.800) from three-point range.
• DOUBLE TROUBLE... COLORADO junior F André Roberson has posted a double-double in five of his last six games, averaging 14.2 points and 13.7 rebounds in that span of games... ARIZONA STATE senior G/F Carrick Felix has posted a double-double in three of his last five games, averaging 14.8 points and 9.8 rebounds in that stretch of games.
• COACHING MILESTONES... OREGON STATE coach Craig Robinson posted his 100th career win in the Beavers' win over Portland State... WASHINGTON STATE coach Ken Bone gets career win No. 400 with the Cougars' next victory... ARIZONA coach Sean Miller is three wins away from posting his 200th career win.
• HOME SWEET HOME... Pac-12 teams sport a 62-12 (.838) home court record so far this season. Four Pac-12 teams are perfect at home this season, while the OREGON Ducks have extended their home-court winning streak to 14 games.