This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
By the Pac-12 Conference
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
Wed., Feb. 13 Time TV
ARIZONA STATE at UTAH 6 p.m. MST P12N
Series: UTAH leads, 25-18. Streak: ASU 2 (last, 55-54 OT at ASU)
OREGON STATE at WASHINGTON STATE 7 p.m. PT P12N
Series: OSU leads, 164-123. Streak: WSU 1 (last, 71-68 at OSU)
OREGON at WASHINGTON 8 p.m. PT ESPN2
Series: WASH leads, 187-106. Streak: ORE 1 (last, 81-76 at ORE)
Thurs., Feb. 14
UCLA at CALIFORNIA 6 p.m. PT ESPN2
Series: UCLA leads, 133-100. Streak: UCLA 1 (last, 79-65 at UCLA)
ARIZONA at COLORADO 8 p.m. MST P12N
Series: COLO leads, 9-8. Streak: ARIZ 1 (last, 92-83 OT at ARIZ)
USC at STANFORD 8 p.m. PT ESPNU
Series: USC leads, 126-116. Streak: USC 1 (last, 71-69 at USC)
Sat., Feb. 16
UCLA at STANFORD 1 p.m. PT ESPN2
Series: UCLA leads, 136-91. Streak: UCLA 2 (last, 68-60 at UCLA)
OREGON at WASHINGTON STATE 4 p.m. PT P12N
Series: ORE leads, 161-123. Streak: ORE 4 (last, 68-61 at ORE)
ARIZONA STATE at COLORADO 7 p.m. MST ESPNU
Series: COLO leads, 4-3. Steak: ASU 1 (last, 65-56 at ASU)
OREGON STATE at WASHINGTON 8 p.m. PT FSN
Series: WASH leads, 155-137. Streak: OSU 2 (last, 74-66 at OSU)
Sun., Feb. 17
ARIZONA at UTAH 1 p.m. MST P12N
Series: UTAH leads, 28-24. Streak: ARIZ 6 (last, 60-57 at ARIZ)
USC at CALIFORNIA 7 p.m. PT FSN
Series: CAL leads, 131-121. Streak: CAL 3 (last, 72-64 at USC)
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site
AROUND THE PAC-12
• Nothing like a logjam in the Pac-12 standings to spark interest in the Pac-12 race... ARIZONA, OREGON and UCLA are tied atop the standings with two games separating the top eight teams... COLORADO and USC each swept a pair of games last week to push their respective league marks over .500.
• Looking at 20... ARIZONA reaches the 20-win plateau for the third consecutive season, the 24th time in the last 26 seasons, and 34th overall... With one more win, OREGON reaches 20 wins for the third straight season, seventh over the last 14 seasons, and 14th overall... With two more wins, UCLA and ARIZONA STATE reach 20-win seasons. For the Bruins, it would be their sixth in eight seasons and 47th overall. For the Sun Devils, it would be their fourth in six seasons and 13th overall.
• The next Pac-12 Coaches/Media Teleconference is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 10:30 a.m. PT/11:30 a.m. MT. Complete teleconference schedule is listed on page 6.
• Pac-12 Tournament Media Credentials: Credential applications for the Pac-12 Men's Basketball Tournament are now being accepted at www.sportssystems.com/pac12basketball
Deadline is Thursday, March 7.
• Pac-12 Tournament Seeding... The tiebreaker formula for seeding purposes at the Pac-12 Tournament is located on page 6 of this release.
DOUBLE STANDARD... A total of 12 double-double performances were turned in by Pac-12 players last week. Four players each posted a pair of double-doubles, led by WASHINGTON senior C Aziz N'Diaye (11 pts/18 reb at UCLA and 10 pts/12 reb at USC), and STANFORD teammates Dwight Powell (24 pts/10 reb at Arizona and 22 pts/10 reb at Arizona State) and Josh Huestis (10 pts/10 reb at Arizona and 13 pts/12 reb at Arizona State). The fourth may have been the most diverse as senior C Joe Burton posted 17 pts/10 asts vs. Utah, then turned around and followed that performance with 15 pts/12 reb against Colorado... Huestis has posted four consecutive double-doubles, averaging 13.3 pts/12.0 reb while shooting 57.1 percent from the field during that span of games. During that last four games, Powell has posted three double-doubles and is averaging 18.0 pts/9.3 reb.
EARNING THEIR MINUTES... A couple of players came off the bench last week to spark their clubs to victory with stellar play. ARIZONA sophomore F Angelo Chol, who averaged 1.8 pts/1.7 reb/7.7 minutes entering last week's action, energized the Wildcats to a 73-66 win over Stanford with 6 points and 8 rebounds in 24 minutes. ARIZONA STATE senior C Ruslan Pateev, who averaged 2.1 pts/2.4 reb/8.7 minutes prior to last week's contests, recorded 12 points and 8 rebounds in 26 minutes as the Sun Devils held off California for a 66-62 win.
CLIMBING THE CHARTS... After collecting 23 rebounds last week, COLORADO junior F André Roberson has posted 965 career rebounds to move up into third on Colorado's career rebound list. He needs seven rebounds to pass Cliff Meely (971 reb, 1968-71) for second. The Buffs all-time leader is Stephane Pelle (1,054 reb, 1999-03)... Senior F Arslan Kazemi posted 963 rebounds in three seasons at Rice before transferring to OREGON. With 212 rebounds (9.6 rpg) hauled in this season, Kazemi is the nation's active leader with 1,175 career rebounds... With 965 career rebounds, Roberson is ninth on the nation's active list.
In the loss to Colorado, OREGON STATE junior F Devon Collier (1,005 points) became the 37th player in school history to top 1,000 career points. Junior G Ahmad Starks (952 points) and senior F Joe Burton (937 points), look to become numbers 38 and 39 later this season.
CALIFORNIA has knocked off two Top-10 teams in its last three games - a 58-54 win vs. No. 10 Oregon and a 77-69 win at No. 7 Arizona.
With CALIFORNIA's win at Arizona, Golden Bear head coach Mike Montgomery is now tied for fourth place among the Pac-12's winningest coaches. Montgomery owns a 266-141 record in Pac-12 games. Below is the Pac-12's top five:
1) Lute Olson, ARIZ (1984-2007)* 327-101
2) John Wooden, UCLA (1949-75)* 304-74
3) Slats Gill, OSU (1929-64)* 276-241
4) Mike Montgomery, STAN/CAL (1986-04/2009- ) 266-141
4) Hec Edmundson, WASH (1921-47) 266-146
* - Members of the Basketball Hall of Fame
HOME SWEET HOME... Pac-12 teams sport a 122-41 (.748) home court record so far this season. In Pac-12 play, the home team holds a 39-27 (.590) advantage.
Wed 9/28 | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 9/29 | 4:30pm PTLive
Thu 9/29 | 7:00pm PTLive