This week in Pac-12 softball
By the Pac-12 Conference
Eight of the nine Pac-12 softball teams will all be traveling to the Cathedral City Classic in Palm Springs, Calif. this weekend. ARIZONA STATE is the lone team not attending the tournament as they will host Portland State for a four game series this weekend, they will play one game Friday, a double-header Saturday and close out their series with one game on Sunday. Although eight teams will be attending the Cathedral City Classic none with face each other. UCLA's B.B. Bates was awarded for her strong performance last weekend and was named the USA Softball National Player of the Week, NFCA National Player of the Week and the Pac-12 Player of the Week. The Conference is still at the top of the nation with seven ranked teams in the Top 25 in both the USA Softball and NFCA National polls.
Tuesday, February 19
No. 13/16 UCLA vs. Toyota Women's 10 a.m. PT
Thursday, February 21
No. 22/22 Washington vs. Virginia^ 3 p.m. PT
No. 19/14 Arizona vs. No. 1/2 Oklahoma^ 3:30 p.m. PT
No. 19/14 Arizona vs. Long Beach State^ 6 p.m. PT
Oregon State vs. Colorado State^ 6 p.m. PT
Oregon State vs. Maryland^ 8:30 p.m. PT
No. 22/22 Washington vs. USSSA Pride^ 8:30 p.m. PT
Friday, February 22
Utah vs. Colorado State^ 10:30 a.m. PT
Oregon State vs. Illinois^ 12:30 p.m. PT
No. 17/20 Stanford vs. No. 16/13 Georgia^ 1 p.m. PT
No. 22/22 Washington vs. No. 23/23 Florida State^ 3 p.m. PT
No. 8/8 California vs. Georgia Tech^ 3:30 p.m. PT
No. 13/16 UCLA vs. No. 4/4 Tennessee^ 3:30 p.m. PT
No. 22/22 Washington vs. Illinois^ 5:30 p.m. PT
No. 19/14 Arizona vs. Ohio State^ 6 p.m PT
No. 3/3 Arizona State vs. Portland State 7 p.m. MT
No. 11/9 Oregon vs. Virginia^ 8 p.m. PT
Oregon State vs. Nevada^ 8 p.m. PT
No. 19/14 Arizona vs. Loyola Marymount^ 8:30 p.m. PT
No. 17/20 Stanford vs. Oklahoma State^ 8:30 p.m. PT
Saturday, February 23
Utah vs. Long Island-Brooklyn^ 10 a.m. PT
No. 22/22 Washington vs. No. 16/13 Georgia^ 10 a.m. PT
Oregon State vs. Georgia Tech^ 12 p.m. PT
No. 13/16 UCLA vs. Maryland^ 12 p.m. PT
No. #8/8 California vs. Maryland^ 2:30 p.m. PT
No. 13/16 UCLA vs. Oklahoma State^ 2:30 p.m. PT
No. 11/9 Oregon vs. Cal Poly^ 3 p.m. PT
Utah vs. Nevada^ 3 p.m. PT
No. 3/3 Arizona State vs. Portland State 4:30 p.m. MT
No. 19/14 Arizona vs. No. 10/11 LSU^ 5 p.m. PT
No. 8/8 California vs. Illinois^ 5 p.m PT
No. 11/9 Oregon vs. Nebraska^ 5:30 p.m. PT
No. 3/3 Arizona State vs. Portland State 7 p.m. MT
No. 17/20 Stanford vs. Virginia^ 7:30 p.m. PT
Sunday, February 24
No. 13/16 UCLA vs. No. 10/11 LSU^ 9 a.m. PT
Utah vs. Ohio State^ 9 a.m. PT
No. 8/8 California vs. Nebraska^ 11:30 a.m. PT
No. 11/9 Oregon vs. UNLV^ 11:30 a.m. PT
No. 17/20 Stanford vs. Florida State^ 11:30 a.m. PT
No. 13/16 UCLA vs. Nevada^ 11:30 a.m. PT
No. 3/3 Arizona State vs. Portland State 12 p.m. MT
No. 11/9 Oregon vs. San Diego State^ 2 p.m. PT
No. 17/20 Stanford vs. Syracuse^ 2 p.m. PT
Utah vs. Cal Poly^ 2 p.m. PT
All game times local to site and subject to change.
^ Cathedral City Classic, Palm Springs, California
Rankings from USA Softball/NFCA
Pac-12 Softball Notes
• Trio of Player of the Week Awards: After an amazing weekend of play hitting .706 (12-for-17), eight home runs and 19 RBIs senior outfielder B.B. Bates was named the Louisville Slugger/NFCA National Player of the Week and the USA Softball Player of the Week. She was also crowned the Pac-12 Player of the Week.
• Sweep Time: Arizona completed a sweep of the Hillenbrand Invitational in exciting fashion with a 13-1, five inning victory over Utah State. The Wildcats topped Nebraska, Drake, Southern Utah and Purdue on the weekend.
• Grand Slam Time: Arizona State tallied not just one, but two grand slams in the same inning against Illinois-Chicago last weekend. The first was from Cheyenne Coyle and the other hit by Katee Aguiree, it was the first for both athletes. Coyle is leading the team with six home runs.
• Epic Inning: The Beavers had an intense inning at the plate against Long Beach State last weekend as they were just one batter shy of starting a third trip through the lineup. Seventeen batters made an appearance at the plate with 12 of the first 13 reaching the bases. The end result was a 12-run inning that led to a secure lead for the 17-3 victory.
• Tournament Time: Pac-12 teams are deep into tournaments through March 17. Pac-12 teams will participate in 24 different tournaments, with team's playing in the same tournament seven times. Pac-12 play begins on March 22.
• Hitting High: The Utes tallied a Pac-12 season high 19 hits in the victory over UNLV last weekend. The Utes' 14 runs set their new season-high mark as well.
• Shutting out Competition Stanford wasted no time in making a strong appearance at their Stanford Nike Invitational as they swept the competition on the weekend and never allowed another team to score. The Cardinal outscored its opponents 52-0 on the weekend.
• Still Undefeated: The Sun Devils continued their winning streak now 12-0 through three weeks of play. The team has the chance to top the 15-0 start back in 2007 this weekend with four games against Portland State to be played.
Thu 5/25 | 6:00pm PTLive
Fri 5/26 | 10:30am PTLive
Fri 5/26 | 4:00pm PTLive