Win Pac-12 Tournament tickets during ESPN GameDay at UCLA
Fans can reply to the tweet with photo of them inside or around Pauley Pavillon. We'll pick the 12th fan that meets the criteria and notify the winner via direct message on Twitter.
Official Rules for the Pac-12 Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament Ticket Giveaway (“Promotion”)
Official Rules for the ESPN College GameDay Pac-12 Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament Ticket Giveaway (“Promotion”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION TIMING: The Promotion will take place between the hours of 7:00AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and 9:00AM PST on March 2, 2013, during the coverage of ESPN’s College GameDay Covered by State Farm (“ESPN’s College Game Day”) at the University of California Los Angeles (“UCLA”). Television coverage of ESPN’s College Game Day shall be from 7:00AM PST until 8:00AM PST on ESPNU and from 8:00AM until 9:00AM PST on ESPN (the “Promotion Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter during the Promotion Period, an eligible participant must have a Twitter account and be a follower of @Pac12. You must respond to the following message and include a photo of yourself inside or directly outside Edwin W. Pauley Pavilion (“Pauley Pavilion”), or retweet the following message and include a photo of yourself inside or directly outside at Pauley Pavilion: “Hey, @UCLAMBB fans at ESPN College GameDay, the twelfth person to tweet us a photo of you at Pauley wins two (2) tickets to the Pac-12 Tournament in Vegas” (the “Tweet”). Each Tweet shall be deemed an “Entry” into the Promotion if received during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) Entry during the Promotion Period. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one, visit www.Twitter.com. You may not create or use more than one Twitter account in order to enter the Promotion and entrants who are found to have created or used multiple accounts to enter the Promotion will be disqualified. Tweets cannot be longer than 140 characters including the hash tag. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to set up the Twitter account will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address/Twitter account associated with the Entry. Entrants must have a valid email address and it is each entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address.
The Tweet may not contain obscene, lewd, or inappropriate content, or otherwise violate these Official Rules or the terms and conditions imposed on users of Twitter, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity (other than the Pac-12 or its member schools), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that all Entries, including Tweets, become the property of the Sponsor, which has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote, and otherwise use all Entries and Tweets in any way it sees fit. Entries may be posted on Sponsor’s and non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any user who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, posts profanity, pornography or other objectionable content on Twitter, or engages in multiple and excessive Tweeting in violation of Twitter’s policies and terms and conditions, may be removed by Sponsor from being a Pac-12 follower and from participating in the Promotion.
Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is only open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the legal age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older. By entering you represent and warrant that you meet these eligibility requirements. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising or promotion agencies, and members of their immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children and siblings), and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor which shall be considered final and binding; (b) that the computer clock of the webmaster hosting the promotion is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion; and (c) that they may be contacted by Direct Message, email, and phone regarding the Promotion.
5. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: After 5:00 PM PST on the day of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will pick one (1) entrant who is the twelfth eligible entrant to tweet a photo of him or herself inside or directly outside Pauley Pavilion during ESPN College GameDay (the “Winner”). The Winner will be notified by Direct Message on Twitter for the Promotion. The Winner must claim his or her Prize within five (5) business days after the date of Pac-12’s first notification attempt, which shall be the first date notification is sent to the Winner via Twitter (“Direct Message”). The Winner must claim his or her prize in the manner indicated in Pac-12’s notification of the Winner. If a Winner cannot be reached by Direct Message within five (5) business days of first notification attempt, an alternate Winner will be selected by a random drawing of all remaining eligible Entries. The Winner may be required to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) within five (5) business days of attempted notification, or the Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner selected from the remaining eligible Entries. For the avoidance of doubt, the Winner must continue to comply with these Official Rules and Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the Winner before awarding any Prize; any Winner that fails to comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified and an alternative Winner may be selected at random from among the remaining entrants.
6. PRIZE: There will be one (1) prize awarded (“Prize”), consisting of two (2) session passes to the Pac-12 Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament (“Tournament”), which takes place between March 13, 2013 and March 16, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Each session pass contains one (1) ticket for each of the six (6) sessions during the Tournament. THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL TO OR LODGING AT THE TOURNAMENT. Winner is responsible for all costs of travel to and attending the Tournament, and all other expenses not specified herein relating to their use of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for replacing tickets that are damaged, lost, or stolen. Sponsor does not guarantee any particular seating, and seats will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
THE TOTAL MAXIMUM VALUE OF THE PRIZE WILL BE SIX HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS AND FORTY CENTS. Each session ticket within the session pass is valued at FIFTY SIX DOLLARS SEVENTY-SIX CENTS ($56.70). Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. If any session in the Tournament is canceled, Sponsor will not provide replacement tickets for the canceled session(s).
7. TAXES: Winners are responsible for any and all taxes incurred or assessed in connection with the Prizes.
8. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received and the timing of those Entries.
9. CONSENT TO PUBLICITY AND USE: Except where prohibited, each entrant, by acceptance of the Prize, grants to Pac-12 and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and assigns the absolute and worldwide right, license, and permission and consent to use, in any manner or media whatsoever, such entrant’s name, voice, photograph (including on Web pages maintained by Pac-12 or any of its subsidiaries and/or affiliates) biographical information (including, without limitation, hometown and state), and likeness for any promotional or publicity purpose, without any right of review or approval or any right to compensation.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, entrants and Winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (“Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance, and/or misuse of Prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity (including but not limited to travel to and attendance at the Tournament) and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, and/or merchandise delivery. Sponsor Entities are also not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if any Prize cannot be awarded, or if the Tournament is postponed or cancelled due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or acts of terrorism.
11. TO RECEIVE WINNER NAME OR OFFICIAL RULES: To request the name of the Winner (available after March 2, 2013) or a copy of these official rules, mail your request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Pac-12 Digital Department, Pac-12 Enterprises, 360 Third St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94017. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. Requests for a copy of these Official Rules received more than thirty (30) days after the Promotion Period will not be honored.
13. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event the Promotion is compromised by virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Promotion and award Prizes from all eligible Entries/Tweets received during the Promotion Period prior to cancellation.
14. SPONSOR: The “Sponsor” of this Promotion is Pac-12 Enterprises, at 360 Third St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, entrant agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States of America and the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California in the United States.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered, or associated with Twitter.
TWITTER RULES: All entrants must abide by the Twitter guidelines and best practices: https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Fri 5/27 | 11:00am PTLive
Fri 5/27 | 4:00pm PTLive