Pac-12 men's hoops begins conference action
• ARIZONA HOLDS TOP SPOT IN POLLS: Arizona holds the top spot for the fourth week in a row in the weekly polls. For the Wildcats, it’s the 33rd time they’ve been ranked No. 1. . . OREGON moves up to No. 10 (AP)/No. 9 (Coaches), with COLORADO at No. 20/No. 24.
• FEELING FESTIVE: All Pac-12 teams were victorious in each of their last games before enter conference play. And all 12 have a winning record. It marks the first time since 2007 that all teams will enter Pac-12 play with a .500 or better record.
• HOME COOKING: Pac-12 teams have posted a 94-6 (.940) home record in non-league play this season.
• TRANSFORMATION: The following six transfers have taken little time to adjust to new surroundings and rank among the league’s top 30 scorers:
Joseph Young, ORE, 20.2 ppg
Jermaine Marshall, ASU, 15.5 ppg
Delon Wright, UTAH, 14.9 ppg
Mike Moser, ORE, 13.9 ppg
Jason Calliste, ORE, 12.3 ppg
Perris Blackwell, WASH, 12.0 ppg
• THE UNDEFEATED: ARIZONA and OREGON are two of eight remaining undefeated NCAA I teams.
• DOUBLE-DOUBLE: OREGON has appeared in the Top 10 in both the AP football and basketball polls this season. While quite the accomplishment, it’s not so rare this season. Other schools also appearing in the Top 10 in both polls this season are Ohio State, Michigan State, Louisville, Oklahoma State, and Baylor.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Mon., Dec. 30
Pac-12 Coaches/Media Teleconference, 10:30 am PT
Thurs., Jan. 2
WASHINGTON at ARIZONA STATE, 6 p.m. MT, ESPNU
No. 10 OREGON at UTAH, 6 p.m. MT, P12N
CALIFORNIA at STANFORD, 6 p.m. PT, FS1
WASHINGTON STATE at No. 1 ARIZONA, 8 p.m. MT, P12N
OREGON STATE at No. 20 COLORADO, 8 p.m. MT, ESPNU
Sat., Jan. 4
WASHINGTON at No. 1 ARIZONA, 12 noon MT, P12N
OREGON STATE at UTAH, 2 p.m. MT, P12N
Sun., Jan. 5
USC at UCLA, 12 noon PT, FS1
No. 10 OREGON at No. 20 COLORADO, 3 p.m. MT, FS1
WASHINGTON STATE at ARIZONA STATE, 4 p.m. MT, ESPNU
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive