This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
• ARIZONA No. 3 IN TOP 25: ARIZONA comes in at No. 3 in both the AP poll and the Coaches poll. The Wildcats have been in the top five of the AP poll for 15 weeks this season, including a stretch of eight-consecutive weeks at No. 1.
• SNIFFING No. 1 SEED: With a pair of wins this week, ARIZONA can clinch at least a share of the Pac-12 title and would grab the Pac-12 Tournament’s No. 1 seed. However, with two weeks remaining in league play, no team has yet to secure a coveted top-four seed and a slot in Thursday’s Pac-12 Tournament quarterfinals.
• The Pac-12 continues to rank third in the Sagarin conference ratings thanks in large part to eight league teams listed among the top 50. Seven Pac-12 teams were among the top 52 in the latest NCAA RPI (see page 3 for Pac-12 rankings).
• The Pac-12 posted a 94-6 (.940) home record in non-league play this season. In league play, home teams are 58-28 (.674) in Pac-12 play. . . ARIZONA remains perfect at home this season, posting a 16-0 mark. The Wildcats have won 19 straight in McKale Center. . . Two others have just one blemish on their home court records this season - ARIZONA STATE (14-1) and UCLA (15-1).
• PAC-12 TOURNAMENT MEDIA CREDENTIALS: The Pac-12 is now accepting credential applications for the 2014 Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Tournament in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The credential application is available at: www.sportssystems.com/Pac-12. Deadline for applications is Wednesday, March 5.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Tues., Feb. 25, Time, Network
Pac-12 Coaches/Media Teleconference, 10:30 am PT
Wed., Feb. 26
CALIFORNIA at No. 3 ARIZONA, 7 p.m. MT, ESPN2
Series: ARIZ leads 56-30. Streak: CAL 2
STANFORD at ARIZONA STATE, 9 p.m. MT, ESPNU*
Series: STAN leads 45-32. Streak: STAN 1
Thurs., Feb. 27
OREGON at UCLA, 8 p.m. PT, ESPN2*
Series: UCLA leads 84-30. Streak: UCLA 1
OREGON STATE at USC, 8 p.m. PT, FS1
Series: USC leads 65-60. Streak: OSU 1
Fri., Feb. 28
WASHINGTON STATE at WASHINGTON, 7:30 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: WASH leads 177-101. Streak: WSU 1
Sat., Mar. 1
COLORADO at UTAH, 12 noon MT, P12N
Series: COLO leads 25-16. Streak: COLO 2
OREGON at USC, 1 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: USC leads 62-49. Streak: ORE 7
CALIFORNIA at ARIZONA STATE, 4 p.m. MT, P12N
Series: Tied 37-37. Streak: ASU 2
Sun., Mar. 2
STANFORD at No. 3 ARIZONA, 6 p.m. MT, ESPNU*
Series: ARIZ leads 56-29. Streak: ARIZ 8
OREGON STATE at UCLA, 6 p.m. PT, FS1
Series: UCLA leads 88-35. Streak: OSU 1
* - ESPN3 Spanish simulcast
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 11:30am PTLive
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive