Pac-12 men's basketball wraps up regular season
• ARIZONA No. 3 IN TOP 25: ARIZONA comes in at No. 3 in both the AP poll and the Coaches poll. The Wildcats have been in the top five of the AP poll for 16 weeks this season, including a stretch of eight consecutive weeks at No. 1.
• No. 1 SEED SET, 11 OTHERS STILL TO BE DETERIMNED: ARIZONA captured the Pac-12 title and with it the No. 1 seed in next week’s Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. It’s the 13th league title for the Wildcats, and first since 2011. With one week to go in league play, all remaining seeds are still up for grabs. (See tie-breaker procedures on page 3).
• The Pac-12 continues to rank third in the Sagarin conference ratings thanks in large part to eight league teams listed among the top 60. Seven Pac-12 teams were among the top 53 in the latest NCAA RPI (see page 5 for Pac-12 rankings). No other conference has more teams ranked in the top 53 than the Pac-12.
• The Pac-12 posted a 94-6 (.940) home record in non-league play this season. In league play, home teams are 65-31 (.677) in Pac-12 play. . . ARIZONA was perfect at home this season, posting a 18-0 mark. The Wildcats have won 21 straight in McKale Center. . . One other team had just one blemish on its home court record this season - ARIZONA STATE (16-1).
• PAC-12 TOURNAMENT MEDIA CREDENTIALS: The Pac-12 is now accepting credential applications for the 2014 Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Tournament in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The credential application is available at : www.sportssystems.com/Pac-12 . Deadline for applications is Wednesday, March 5.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Tues., Mar. 4, Time, Network
Pac-12 Coaches/Media Teleconference, 10:30 am PT
ARIZONA STATE at OREGON, 8 p.m. PT, FS1
Series: ASU leads 42-34. Streak: ASU 1
Wed., Mar. 5
COLORADO at STANFORD, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN2*
Series: STAN leads 11-3. Streak: COLO 2
No. 3 ARIZONA at OREGON STATE, 8 p.m. PT, FS1
Series: ARIZ leads 57-20. Streak: ARIZ 6
UTAH at CALIFORNIA, 8 p.m. PT, ESPNU
Series: CAL leads 12-9. Streak: UTAH 1
Thurs., Mar. 6
UCLA at WASHINGTON, 6 p.m. PT, ESPN2*
Series: UCLA leads 94-42. Streak: UCLA 3
USC at WASHINGTON STATE, 8 p.m. PT, ESPNU
Series: USC leads 68-47. Streak: WSU 1
Sat., Mar. 8
UTAH at STANFORD, 11:30 a.m. PT, P12N
Series: STAN leads 15-8. Streak: STAN 2
No. 3 ARIZONA at OREGON, 1 p.m. PT, CBS
Series: ARIZ leads 46-24. Streak: ARIZ 1
ARIZONA STATE at OREGON STATE, 1:30 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: ASU leads 42-36. Streak: ASU 4
USC at WASHINGTON, 1:30 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: Tied 69-69. Streak: WASH 1
COLORADO at CALIFORNIA, 3:30 p.m. PT, P12N
Series: Tied 11-11. Streak: CAL 1
UCLA at WASHINGTON STATE, 8 p.m. PT, FS1
Series: UCLA leads 102-15. Streak: WSU 1
* - ESPN3 Spanish simulcast
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 11:00am PTLive
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive
Mon 8/21 | 6:00pm PTLive