T&F’s Hartig Wins Shot Put Competition At Triton Invite
TRITON INVITE RESULTS
LA JOLLA, Calif.—Arizona State track and field’s redshirt junior Alex Hartig won the Triton Invite’s open section of the women’s shot put with a career best toss of 15.93m (52-3.25) on Saturday at the Triton Track & Field Stadium.
Also in the field was redshirt freshman Ashley Weber, who threw 14.45m (47-5.00) for 11th. In the invitational section, redshirt senior Anna Jelmini took 10th with a throw of 15.98m (52-5.25).
In the open section of the men’s discus, redshirt junior Michael Ohakwe led ASU with a season-best toss of 54.06m (177-04) for 10th overall. Long followed with a career-best throw at 51.77m (169-10), while Estes threw 47.00m (154-02), also a career best. Redshirt freshman Thomas Anderson also threw a new personal best with a throw of 46.76m (153-05).
On the men’s side of the shot put, redshirt junior Kyle Lillie took sixth with a toss of 16.98m (55-8.50), while redshirt senior Nathan Estes took 11th at 15.55m (51-0.25) and redshirt freshman Kyle Long followed in 12th at 15.42m (50-7.25).
Up next, ASU will make the trip down I-10 to Tucson for the Double Dual with Arizona and Northern Arizona on Saturday, May 3.
Women’s Shot Put Invitational
10. Anna Jelmini – 15.98m (52-5.25)
Women’s Shot Put Open
1. Alex Hartig – 15.93m (52-3.25)
11. Ashley Weber – 14.45m (47-5.00)
Men’s Shot Put Open
6. Kyle Lillie – 16.98m (55-8.50)
11. Nathan Estes – 15.55m (51-0.25)
12. Kyle Long – 15.42m (50.7-25)
Men’s Discus Throw Open
10. Michael Ohakwe – 54.06m (177-04)
20. Kyle Long – 51.77m (169-10)
33. Nathan Estes – 47.00m (154-02)
34. Thomas Anderson – 46.76m (153-05)
16. Ryan Leslie – 55.08m (180-08)
22. Kyle Long – 51.37m (168-06)
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 12:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:30pm PTLive