This week in Pac-12 women's soccer
• The competitive Pac-12 women’s soccer slate picks up this weekend as Conference play begins. The upcoming action is highlighted by a top-25 matchup as No. 1 UCLA travels to face No. 24 ARIZONA STATE in Tempe on Friday, Sept. 26 at 4 p.m. PT. The game is one of five scheduled to be televised this weekend on Pac-12 Networks.
• A season-high five teams are ranked in the top 25 of this week’s NSCAA polling, with seven total teams receiving votes. UCLA continues its stand at No. 1 for the sixth-straight week and STANFORD remained at No. 4. CALIFORNIA weighed in at No. 12, while USC is No. 21. ARIZONA STATE made its debut in the top 25, coming in at No. 24 after receiving votes for the past two weeks. UTAH and WASHINGTON STATE are receiving votes.
• Pac-12 women’s soccer posted a .767 winning percentage in the first four weeks of the season, the best non-conference percentage since the league began sponsoring women’s soccer in 1993. The 72 non-conference victories is also the most for the league since 2009.
• Pac-12 weekly awards went to CALIFORNIA’s Taylor Comeau for Offensive Player of the Week, STANFORD’s Stephanie Amack for Defensive Player of the Week, and UTAH’s Lindsey Luke for Goalkeeper of the Week. Luke’s weekly honor was the fourth of her career, which tied a Pac-12 record. Nationally, the league saw Luke, Amack, and UCLA midfielder Sam Mewis named to the TopDrawerSoccer.com Team of the Week.
• The Pac-12 once again boasts some of the best women’s soccer talent on the West Coast, as six players from the Conference were named to the MAC Hermann Trophy watch list. UCLA had a national-best four honorees on the list, while STANFORD had two.
• This season, Pac-12 women’s soccer will receive unprecedented coverage with 69 games set to be broadcast live on the Pac-12 Networks, including 27 non-conference games to begin the year. For more information, including a complete TV schedule, visit www.pac-12.com.
Thursday, September 25
WASHINGTON at OREGON *, 4 p.m. PT (P12N)
Friday, September 26
USC at ARIZONA *, 2 p.m. PT (P12N)
#1 UCLA at #24 ARIZONA STATE *, 4 p.m. PT (P12N)
WASHINGTON STATE at OREGON STATE *, 4 p.m. PT (P12N)
#4 STANFORD at UTAH *, 3 p.m. MT (P12N)
Saturday, September 27
#12 CALIFORNIA at COLORADO *, 1 p.m. MT
Sunday, September 28
WASHINGTON at Portland, 1 p.m. PT
* - Conference game. P12N - televised game on Pac-12 Networks.