This week in Pac-12 women's soccer
• After an intense weekend where half of the Conference-play openers extended into overtime, Pac-12 women’s soccer has a full slate of competitive league matches coming up. Six of the 12 contests will be televised live on Pac-12 Networks, with four on Friday, Oct. 3 and two on Sunday, Oct. 5.
• For the third-consecutive week, five teams are ranked in the top 25 of this week’s NSCAA polling, with seven total teams receiving votes. UCLA continues its stand at No. 1 for the seventh-straight week and STANFORD moved up to No. 3. CALIFORNIA stayed at No. 12, while ARIZONA STATE made the jump to 18th after playing the top-ranked Bruins to a tie. USC came in at 23rd. UTAH and WASHINGTON STATE are receiving votes for the second-consecutive week.
• Over half of the league’s teams are in the top 25 in national won-lost-tied percentage. California, Stanford and UCLA share a .900 mark, that is tied for 10th nationally, followed by Washington State at 13th, Utah at 16th, and Arizona State and USC tied at 24th. The Cardinal leads the nation in goals-against average, save percentage and shutout percentage, as well.
• Pac-12 weekly awards went to ASU’s Cali Farquharson for Offensive Player of the Week, ASU’s Brianna Gonzalez for Defensive Player of the Week, and UTAH’s Lindsey Luke for Goalkeeper of the Week. Luke’s weekly honor was the fifth of her career, which set a new Pac-12 record. Nationally, the league saw Cal’s Taylor Comeau and USC’s Mandy Freeman named to the TopDrawerSoccer.com Team of the Week.
• Pac-12 women’s soccer posted a .767 winning percentage in the first four weeks of the season, the best non-conference percentage since the league began sponsoring women’s soccer in 1993. The 72 non-conference victories is also the most for the league since 2009.
Friday, October 3
OREGON STATE at ARIZONA *, 3 p.m. PT (P12N)
COLORADO at #23 USC *, 3 p.m. PT (P12N)
WASHINGTON STATE at #12 CALIFORNIA *, 3:30 p.m. PT
OREGON at #18 ARIZONA STATE *, 7 p.m. PT
UTAH at #1 UCLA *, 8 p.m. PT (P12N)
WASHINGTON at #3 STANFORD *, 8 p.m. PT (P12N)
Sunday, October 5
OREGON at ARIZONA *, 12 p.m. PT
OREGON STATE at #18 ARIZONA STATE *, 1 p.m. PT
WASHINGTON at #12 CALIFORNIA *, 1 p.m. PT
COLORADO at #1 UCLA *, 1 p.m. PT
WASHINGTON STATE at #3 STANFORD *, 1 p.m. PT (P12N)
UTAH at #23 USC *, 3 p.m. PT (P12N)
* - Conference game. P12N - televised game on Pac-12 Networks.