This week in Pac-12 women's soccer
• Pac-12 women’s soccer hits the halfway point this week with a lighter schedule but some heavy competition. Eight of last week’s 12 games were decided by one goal or less, including a tie. With UCLA holding a slim three-point lead at the top of the Conference, all six of this week’s contests have the potential to shake up the standings.
• Four teams are ranked in the top 25 of this week’s NSCAA polling, with six total teams receiving votes. UCLA continues its stand at No. 1 for the ninth-straight week, while STANFORD dropped down to No. 4, extending its stay in the top five for the eighth-consecutive week. WASHINGTON leapt to No. 20 after going 2-0 on the weekend for its first national ranking of the season. CALIFORNIA weighed in at No. 23 after two home losses. ARIZONA STATE and WASHINGTON STATE are receiving votes.
• In the latest NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer RPI rankings, a season-high 11 of the 12 league teams are in the top 50, including five in the top 25. The Pac-12 holds the top-two RPI rankings in the nation as Stanford leads the charge at the No. 1 spot, followed directly by No. 2 UCLA.
• UCLA swept the Pac-12 weekly awards after a dramatic 2-1 victory over Stanford. Midfielder Annie Alvarado was named Offensive Player of the Week, while defender Ally Courtnall was tabbed Defensive Player of the Week. Senior Katelyn Rowland took home Goalkeeper of the Week accolades for the second-straight week and third time this season.
• Five of the league’s goalkeepers are ranked in the top 25 in national save percentage, with Stanford’s Jane Campbell holding the best mark in the league and the ninth-best percentage in the nation. Also ranked in the same category are Washington State’s Gurveen Clair, UTAH’s Lindsey Luke, UCLA’s Katelyn Rowland and OREGON STATE’s Bella Geist.
• This season, Pac-12 women’s soccer will receive unprecedented coverage with 69 games set to be broadcast live on the Pac-12 Networks, including 27 non-conference games to begin the year. For more information, including a complete TV schedule, visit www.pac-12.com.
UPCOMING PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER SCHEDULE
Thursday, October 16
COLORADO at #4 STANFORD *, 6 p.m. PT (P12N)
Friday, October 17
ARIZONA at #1 UCLA *, 7 p.m. PT
ARIZONA STATE at USC *, 2 p.m. PT (P12N)
UTAH at #23 CALIFORNIA *, 2 p.m. PT (P12N)
Sunday, October 19
OREGON at WASHINGTON STATE *, 1 p.m. PT (P12N)
Monday, October 20
OREGON STATE at #20 WASHINGTON *, 7 p.m. PT (P12N)
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive