This week in Pac-12 women's soccer
• Pac-12 women’s soccer enters the final stretch of the season, with UCLA and STANFORD poised in a battle for the league title. If UCLA wins both of its games this weekend, it will claim the automatic qualifier spot for the league in the NCAA Championship, and at the very least a share of the regular-season title.
• Four teams are ranked in the top 25 of this week’s NSCAA polling, with six total teams receiving votes. UCLA continues its stand at No. 1 for the 11th-straight week, while Stanford slid up one spot to No. 3, extending its stay in the top five for the 10th-consecutive week. WASHINGTON moved up to No. 17, and WASHINGTON STATE weighed in at No. 22. ARIZONA STATE dropped out but is receiving votes along with COLORADO.
• In the latest NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer RPI rankings, 11 of the 12 league teams are in the top 75 for the second-straight week, including six in the top 25. The Pac-12 holds the top-two RPI rankings in the nation as Stanford swapped places with UCLA for the top spot.
• UCLA’s Sam Mewis was named Offensive Player of the Week for the second-straight week, giving UCLA its ninth weekly award of the season. USC’s Whitney Pitalo was tabbed Defensive Player of the Week, while WASHINGTON’s Megan Kufeld took home Goalkeeper of the Week accolades for UW’s first weekly honor of the year.
• National honors continue to pour in for Pac-12 women’s soccer, as UCLA’s Sarah Killion was named one of 20 finalists for the Senior CLASS Award and fellow Bruin Sam Mewis was tabbed as TopDrawerSoccer.com’s Division I Women’s Soccer Player of the Week. The Pac-12 has had at least one student-athlete on TopDrawerSoccer.com’s Team of the Week nine out of the 10 weeks thus far this season.
UPCOMING PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER SCHEDULE
Thursday, Oct. 30
Oregon at #3 Stanford *, 6 p.m. PT (P12N)
Friday, Oct. 31
Arizona at Utah *, 1 p.m. MT (P12N)
Oregon State at California *, 2 p.m. PT
#1 UCLA at #22 Washington State *, 2 p.m. PT (P12N)
Arizona State at Colorado *, 3 p.m. MT (P12N)
USC at #17 Washington *, 4 p.m. PT (P12N)
Sunday, Nov. 2
Arizona at Colorado *, 12 p.m. MT
Oregon at California *, 1 p.m. PT
USC at #22 Washington State *, 1 p.m. PT
Arizona State at Utah *, 2 p.m. MT (P12N)
Oregon State at #3 Stanford *, 3 p.m. PT (P12N)
#1 UCLA at #17 Washington *, 3 p.m. PT (P12N)
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive