This week in Pac-12 women's soccer
• Pac-12 women’s soccer teams went 7-1-1 in the first round of the NCAA Championship, and five of the seven remaining teams hit the road for their second round matchups while No. 1 seeds UCLA and STANFORD staying at home to host second and third rounds. Three squads – ARIZONA STATE, CALIFORNIA and COLORADO – head to the East Coast, while ARIZONA travels to College Station to face another No. 1 seed in Texas A&M and WASHINGTON comes to The Farm in a neutral-site contest against Missouri.
• The seven teams are the most Pac-12 squads in the second round of the NCAA Tournament in history. Previously, the Pac-12 only had as many as six (2002, 2006, and 2009).
• A league-record nine Pac-12 women’s soccer teams earned berths to the 2014 NCAA Women’s College Cup. Two Conference teams earned top seeds, with UCLA and Stanford taking home two of the four No. 1 spots. Other teams receiving berths are No. 4-seeded WASHINGTON, ARIZONA, ARIZONA STATE, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, USC and WASHINGTON STATE.
• The nine league tournament selections were the most of any conference in the country. Following the Pac-12 was the SEC, which has eight teams, while the ACC and Big 12 will have six representatives each.
• The Pac-12 currently holds an all-time record of 157-105-22 in the NCAA Women’s College Cup, with three national championships and five second-place finishes. The league has previously had eight teams compete in the postseason once in 2009, and had seven teams compete in the postseason seven times. For all-time postseason results in the Pac-12, see page five of this release.
• Five teams are ranked in the top 25 of the final regular-season NSCAA polling for the sixth time this year, with seven total teams receiving votes. UCLA continues its stand at No. 1 for the 13th-straight week, while Stanford stayed at No. 3, extending its stay in the top five for the 12th-consecutive week. California slid up to No. 20, while Washington State moved up one spot to No. 23. Washington earned a top-25 ranking for the fourth time this week, weighing in at No. 24. Arizona State and USC are also receiving votes.
UPCOMING PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER SCHEDULE
Friday, Nov. 21
ARIZONA STATE vs. Kentucky (1), 12 p.m. PT/1 p.m. MT
CALIFORNIA at Florida, 4 p.m. PT
COLORADO at North Carolina, 4 p.m. PT/5 p.m. MT
ARIZONA at Texas A&M, 5 p.m. PT/6 p.m. MT
WASHINGTON vs. Missouri (2), 5:30 p.m. PT
Arkansas at STANFORD, 7 p.m. PT
Harvard at UCLA, 8 p.m. PT
(1) NCAA Second Round, Klockner Stadium, Charlottesville, Va.
(2) NCAA Second Round, Laird Q. Cagan Stadium, Stanford, Calif.
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive