This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
• HOME TEAMS PREVAIL... The opening weekend saw the home teams win nine of 10 league games, which has pretty much been the norm. So far this season, Pac-12 teams have racked up a 90-11 (.891) home court record... All Pac-12 teams have a winning home court record this season. UTAH leads the way with a 10-0 home mark, followed by ARIZONA at 9-0, OREGON STATE and STANFORD at 8-0.
• POLL WATCHING... Two Pac-12 teams remain in this week’s Top 25 - ARIZONA (No. 7 AP/No. 6 Coaches) and UTAH (9/11)... The Wildcats have been ranked in 49-straight AP polls, including 29-straight weeks in the top 10... It’s the highest ranking for the Utes since they finished the 1998-99 season at No. 6... Beware of the Buffs. Under coach Tad Boyle, COLORADO has won four times over a Top-10 ranked team. The Buffs will need to do it away from home as it meets No. 9 Utah (Wed., Jan. 7) and No. 7 Arizona (Thurs., Jan. 15) in back-to-back road games... Did you know: Arizona and Utah are two of six athletic programs to have its basketball and football programs ranked in the current AP Top 25 (also Baylor, Louisville, Ohio State, and Wisconsin).
• NO PLACE LIKE HOME... Arizona is currently riding a 30-game winning streak at McKale Center, the fifth-longest in program history. Since 2010-11, the Wildcats lead the Pac-12 in home court winning percentage and is 83-11 (.883)... In the Huntsman Center, Utah has a scoring margin of +27.6 in its 10 home games this season where it has outscored the opposition 83.0 to 55.4... After picking up a pair of Pac-12 home wins, Colorado is now 69-10 (.873) at the Coors Events Center under coach Tad Boyle.
• STANFORD senior G Chasson Randle set the school career mark for three-point field goals. He’s at 242 and counting. He still has a few more to make before cracking the Pac-12 career top 10 list as former Arizona guard and current Wildcat assistant coach is 10th on the list with 272 (1992-95).
• CALIFORNIA senior F David Kravish has grabbed 10 rebounds in three consecutive games. Kravish became the sixth Pac-12 player to record 200 career blocked shots. He ranks sixth in Pac-12 history and second on the Cal all-time chart. With 201 blocks, he needs eight to pass former Golden Bear Michael Stewart (207 blocks from 1994-97).
• CALIFORNIA junior G Tyrone Wallace has tallied 16 points or more in each of the last 12 games (19.5 ppg in that stretch).
• WASHINGTON STATE sophomore F Josh Hawkinson has posted six consecutive double-doubles, averaging 17.7 ppg/13.2 rpg during that span. He’s posted a league-best nine double-doubles this season. UCLA freshman F Kevon Looney is second in the league with seven double-doubles.
• FRESH LOOK... ARIZONA F Stanley Johnson leads all Pac-12 freshman in scoring (14.4 ppg), three-point field goal percentage (.447) and steals (1.7 spg)... UTAH freshman C Jakob Poeltl leads all Pac-12 players in field goal percentage (.663)... UCLA F Kevon Looney tops the league freshmen in rebounding (9.9 rpg)... USC’s Jordan McLaughlin is the league’s top freshman in assists (4.9 apg)... OREGON’s Dillon Brooks is the top frosh from the charity stripe (.837), while teammate Jordan Bell is league’s top freshman in blocked shots (3.4 bpg).
• OUCH... A couple of starters are out of action due to injury. STANFORD freshman F Reid Travis (7.5 ppg/6.9 rpg) has a leg stress fracture and is out indefinitely, while COLORADO junior F Josh Scott (14.8 ppg/7.7 rpg) suffered back spasms and missed the first two Conference games. Despite missing the two players, Stanford and Colorado both swept their Pac-12 home openers.
• COLORADO senior G Askia Booker is making up for a slow start. Over the first four games, he averaged 7.2 ppg while shooting 25 percent from the field and 20 percent from three-point range. Over the last 10 games, he’s averaging 19.0 ppg while shooting 44.4 percent from the field and 45.8 percent from beyond the arc.
UPCOMING PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
Wed., Jan. 7, Time (local to site) (Network)
COLORADO at No. 9 UTAH, 7 p.m. MT (ESPN2)
Series: COLO leads, 25-17. Last: UTAH, 75-64. Streak: Utah 1
CALIFORNIA at USC, 8 p.m. PT (ESPNU)
Series: CAL leads, 131-122. Last: CAL, 77-64. Streak: CAL 1
Thurs., Jan. 8
ARIZONA STATE at OREGON STATE, 6 p.m. PT (FOX Sports 1)
Series: OSU leads, 43-36. Last: OSU, 78-76 (OT). Streak: OSU 1
STANFORD at UCLA, 6 p.m. PT (ESPN)
Series: UCLA leads, 139-92. Last: UCLA, 84-59. Streak: UCLA 1
No. 7 ARIZONA at OREGON, 7 p.m. PT (P12N)
Series: ARIZ leads, 42-26. Last: ORE, 64-57. Streak: ORE 1
Sat., Jan. 10
WASHINGTON STATE at WASHINGTON, 12 noon PT (P12N)
Series: WASH leads, 178-101. Last: WASH, 72-49. Streak: WASH 1
ARIZONA STATE at OREGON, 2 p.m. PT (P12N)
Series: ASU leads, 42-35. Last: ORE, 85-78. Streak: ORE 1
Sun., Jan. 11
CALIFORNIA at UCLA, 4:30 p.m. PT (FOX Sports 1)
Series: UCLA leads, 135-101. Last: UCLA, 86-66. Streak: UCLA 2
No. 7 ARIZONA at OREGON STATE, 7 p.m. PT (FOX Sports 1)
Series: ARIZ leads, 58-20. Last: ARIZ, 74-69. Streak: ARIZ 7
STANFORD at USC, 7 p.m. PT (ESPNU)
Series: USC leads, 129-116. Last: STAN, 80-59. Streak: STAN 2
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 10:30am PTLive
TOMORROW | 1:30pm PTLive