No. 43 Washington Women’s Tennis Tops Hawaii, 5-2
HONOLULU – The 43rd ranked Washington Women’s Tennis team bounced back from its first loss of the season with a dominating 5-2 win over the University of Hawaii Sunday afternoon at the UH Tennis Complex in Honolulu.
The Dawgs swept the three doubles matches to take a 1-0 lead early. Miki Kobayashi and Angela Chen earned a 6-3 win at number two doubles while Elianne Douglas-Miron and Riko Shimizu posted a 6-2 decision on court one to clinch the point. Grace Ysidora and Julija Lukac also earned a 6-2 win at number three doubles.
Washington continued its winning ways in singles action as Kobayashi put the Huskies up 2-0 with an easy 6-1, 6-1 win over Martina Kostalova on court three. Riko Shimizu followed that with a 6-3, 6-1 victory on court five over Paulina Petriskova and Elianne Douglas-Miron earned her first win of the 2015 season with a 6-3, 6-4 decision on court one to clinch the win for UW.
At number two singles, Grace Ysidora closed out the Husky victory as she fought for a 6-4, 7-5 win over Viktoria Malova.
The Dawgs stay on the road next weekend as they head to Clemson, South Carolina to face Purdue on Saturday, Jan. 24.
No. 43 Washington 5, Hawai‘i 2
UH Tennis Complex
January 18, 2015
Doubles Results (Order of results: 2, 1, 3)
1. Douglas-Miron/Shimizu (UW) def. Cindy Nguyen/Sarah Gealer (UH), 6-2
2. Kobayashi/Chen (UW) def. Viktoria Malova/Paulina Petriskova (UH), 6-3
3. Ysidora/Lukac (UW) def. Rebecca Faltusz/Martina Kostalova (UH), 6-2
Singles Results (Order of results: 3, 5, 1, 2, 4, 6)
1. Douglas-Miron (UW) def. Cindy Nguyen (UH), 6-3, 6-4
2. Ysidora (UW) def. Viktoria Malova (UH), 6-4, 7-5
3. Kobayashi (UW) def. Martina Kostalova (UH), 6-1, 6-1
4. Sarah Gealer (UH) def. Lukac (UW), 6-4, 7-5
5. Shimizu (UW) def. Paulina Petriskova (UH), 6-3, 6-1
6. Rebecca Faltusz (UH) def. Chen (UW), 6-1, 2-6, 6-4
[7. Allen (UW) def. Klara Priylova (UH), 6-1, 6-1]
[8. Gregoire (UW) def. Daisy Green (UH), 6-2, 6-3]
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive