This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
• In Pac-12 play, the home team is 22-8 (.733). Overall, Pac-12 teams have racked up a 104-18 (.852) home court record this season... UTAH and ARIZONA lead the way with each posting 11-0 home marks, followed by OREGON STATE at 10-0 and STANFORD at 9-0.
• First place in the Conference race will be at stake on Thursday when ARIZONA visits STANFORD as both teams are 4-1 in league play. The Wildcats currently own a nine-game winning streak over the Cardinal... COLORADO looks to snap a three-game losing streak, its longest since 2010-11 season when it dropped four straight. The good news for the Buffs is they return home where they are 8-1 this season.
• STANFORD cracks the Top 25 in the USA Today/Coaches Poll at No. 25, while ARIZONA (No. 7 AP/No. 7 Coaches) and UTAH (No. 11/No. 12) remain in this week’s Top 25... The Wildcats have been ranked in 51-straight AP polls, including 31-straight weeks in the top 10.
• The Wooden Award announced its Midseason Top 25 and three Pac-12 players make the list: ARIZONA’s Stanley Johnson (14.6 ppg/6.8 rpg), STANFORD’s Chasson Randle (19.8 ppg/.877 FT%/2.6 3FG per game), and UTAH’s Delon Wright (15.0 ppg/5.8 apg/2.3 spg)
• NO PLACE LIKE HOME... Arizona is currently riding a 32-game winning streak at McKale Center, the fifth-longest in program history. Since 2010-11, the Wildcats lead the Pac-12 in home court winning percentage and is 85-11 (.883)... In the Huntsman Center, Utah has a scoring margin of +27.4 in its 11 home games this season... Colorado is now 69-10 (.873) at the Coors Events Center under coach Tad Boyle... OREGON STATE improved to 10-0 at Gill Coliseum this season, equaling their best record since the 1981-82 and 1983-84 teams concluded their seasons 11-0 (the 1998-99 team also started 10-0).
• 2,000-POINT BARRIER... STANFORD senior guard Chasson Randle needs 12 points to reach 2,000 points for his career. In doing so, Randle will become the third player in school history, and 15th player in Pac-12 history to reach that milestone and the first since UCLA’s Jason Kapono finished his career with 2,095 points in 2003.
• 1,000-POINT BARRIER... OREGON senior guard Joe Young needs nine points to reach 1,000 points for his career, while COLORADO junior forward Josh Scott needs 10 points to reach 1,000 points. Meanwhile, UTAH junior forward Jordan Loveridge is 17 points shy of reaching 1,000 points.
• GETTING TO THE LINE... WASHINGTON STATE senior guard DaVonté Lacy leads the league in free throws made (90) and free throws attempted (116). Of all Pac-12 players, only Arizona’s Stanley Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson have attempted more free throws (114 and 107) than Lacy has made
• UCLA forward Kevon Looney is the only freshman in the nation currently averaging a double-double, with season marks of 13.0 points and 10.3 rebounds per game. Looney is averaging 18.0 points and 12.0 rebounds during UCLA’s current three-game winning streak.
• OREGON STATE junior guard Gary Payton II leads the Pac-12 in steals with 45 (2.8 per game). Only two other Beavers have led the league in steals since the senior Payton led the Pac-10 in thefts three consecutive years from 1988-1990. Seth Tarver in 2010 and Jared Cunningham in 2011-12.
• COLORADO senior gaurd Askia Booker’s career-high 30 points at No. 10/9 Arizona is the most points scored by a CU player since Alec Burks had 33 against Texas (Feb. 26, 2011).
• WASHINGTON sophomore center Robert Upshaw became UW’s single-season blocks leader as he moved past David Dixon and Christian Welp (67 blocks) and now has 77 on the year. It took Upshaw just 16 games to set the record, easily beating out Dixon and Welp by over 10 games. Upshaw has now posted double-digit scoring in 10 straight games to go along with six double doubles in that span.
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 11:00am PTLive
TODAY | 1:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive