Pac-12 Networks commits to full coverage of 2015 football signing day
Fans get their first introduction to the next generation of Pac-12 football talent in expanded 2.5 hour ‘Pac-12 Football Weekly: Signing Day Special’
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF. (January 27, 2015) – The 2014 college football season is in the books and programs across the country are looking to ink the next generation of football talent to their rosters on National Signing Day, Wednesday, February 4.
Pac-12 Networks will once again bring fans complete coverage of the newest players to join the Conference of Champions with an expanded 2.5-hour Pac-12 Football Weekly: Signing Day Special Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. PT, plus continuous coverage throughout the day on Pac-12.com. The show is also available for viewing online at Pac-12.com/now and via the Pac-12 Now app.
Wednesday’s Pac-12 Football Weekly Signing Day Special will be hosted by Mike Yam, alongside Rick Neuheisel and Yogi Roth. The show will include interviews with every Pac-12 head football coach on their team’s commitments and how those signees work to meet each team’s needs. The trio will also analyze the biggest signings and surprises from around college football how the recruiting classes of Pac-12 teams stack up against other college football programs from around the nation.
As of January 26, the Conference looks to have another banner year of securing the nation’s best talent with six programs in Scout.com’s Top 25 signing day classes – No. 5 USC, No. 12 UCLA, No. 19 Washington, Oregon and Washington State tied at No. 23 and No. 25 Arizona State. Last year’s Signing Day Special introduced viewers to Oregon’s Royce Freeman, USC’s Adoree’ Jackson, ASU’s DJ Calhoun and Arizona’s Nick Wilson, with all four going on to make an immediate impact on their teams.
Other elements that will be visible through the 2.5-hour Signing Day Special are:
- Side ticker tracking signing day classes from all 12 Conference football programs
- Signing day memories: Coaches share some of their best memories of signing day over the years including Stanford head coach David Shaw on signing Andrew Luck; Former Cal offensive coordinator Jim Michalczik on securing Aaron Rodgers
- Live stream of select head coach press conferences
- Activation of hashtag #Pac12NSD to track all the latest signing day news and information across social channels
- Interactive U.S. map tracking the football commitments from around the Conference as they are announced, plotting their hometown and sortable by Pac-12 school (live on signing day)
- Online video analysis with Yogi Roth and Rick Neuheisel throughout the day leading up to the signing day special
Wednesday’s signing day coverage is a prelude to Pac-12 Networks’ continuous off-season football programming slate that will keep viewers connected to their favorite players and teams.
Next week’s Pac-12 Football Weekly will feature a behind-the-scenes look at the signing day experience at Arizona State as Pac-12 Networks’ Ashley Adamson will be inside the action from the Sun Devils’ ‘war room,’ plus chat with head coach Todd Graham and some of ASU’s early enrollees.
Additional episodes of Pac-12 Football Weekly will continue throughout the spring leading up to the Networks’ live coverage of every Pac-12 spring football game beginning March 15.