This week in Pac-12 women's basketball
• The Sweet 16 will feature two Pac-12 teams in the NCAA and another in the WNIT as STANFORD (26-9) and ARIZONA STATE (29-5) advanced to their respective Greensboro, N.C., and Oklahoma City, Okla., regions following two home wins at the NCAA Tournament. UCLA (15-18) is in the third round of the WNIT. The Cardinal, the Pac-12 Tournament Champion, will head to OKC to play top-seeded Notre Dame on Friday, March 27 at 7 p.m. PT in its 21st Sweet 16 appearance. The winner takes on either Baylor or Iowa, the second and third seeds, respectively. ASU, in its sixth Sweet 16, will tangle with second-seeded Florida State in Greensboro, with the winner taking on top-seed South Carolina or four-seed North Carolina.
• The Pac-12 has had a team advance to the Elite Eight every season since 2001, reaching the Final Four in each of the last seven years. The Pac-12 has never had two teams reach the Final Four in the same season. USC and Stanford have each won two NCAA Championships in its histories. The last conference team to reach the Championship Game was Stanford in 2010.
• UCLA, the automatic qualifer in the WNIT based on the best conference finish and not being in the NCAA tourney, won both of its games in Westwood and now plays Northern Colorado, also at Pauley Pavilion on Thursday at 7 p.m. PT. Pac-12 teams have won six WNIT Championships and reached the national semifinals 12 times. Seven Pac-12 teams started post-season play a week ago.
UPCOMING PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
Friday, March 27 - Greensboro Region
(3) Arizona State vs. (2) Florida State, 6:30 p.m. PT (Greensboro, N.C.) - Sweet 16
Sunday, March 29 - Greensboro Region
vs. winner of (1) South Carolina and (4) North Carolina, 9 a.m. (ESPN)
Friday, March 27 - Oklahoma City Region
(4) Stanford vs. (1) Notre Dame, 7 p.m. PT (Oklahoma City, Okla.) - Sweet 16 (ESPN)
Sunday, March 29 - Oklahoma City Region
vs. winner of (2) Baylor and (3) Iowa, 5:30 p.m. PT (ESPN)
Sunday, April 5, National Semifinals in Tampa, Fla.
Tuesday, April 7, National Championship in Tampa, Fla.
WOMEN'S NATIONAL INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT
Thursday, March 26
Northern Colorado at UCLA, 7 p.m. PT (Westwood, Calif.) - Sweet 16
WNIT Elite Eight - March 28-30
WNIT National Semifinals - April 1-2
WNIT Championship - April 4, 12 p.m. (CBS SportsNetwork)