This week in Pac-12 men's basketball
• The Pac-12 is 13-6 (.684) in the postseason (8-4 in the NCAA, 4-1 in the NIT, 1-1 in the CBI).
• The Pac-12 had three teams in the NCAA Sweet 16 in back-to-back years for the first time since 2007-08, and the eighth time overall with three Sweet 16 teams. Arizona reached the Elite Eight in consecutive years and for the third time in five years.
• Each of the four Pac-12 teams in this year’s NCAA Tournament has captured an NCAA men’s basketball title – Arizona (1997), Oregon (1939), Utah (1944), UCLA (1964-65, 1967-73, 1975 and 1995). That accounts for 14 of the league’s 16 NCAA men’s basketball titles.
• While no Pac-12 team this season has played Miami (Fla.), Temple or Old Dominion, the Conference is a combined 14-4 against teams from the ACC (2-3), American (4-0) and Conference USA (8-1).
• The Pac-12 has had considerable success in the National Invitation Tournament (NIT), as five current members have captured the NIT crown - Colorado (1940), Utah (1947), UCLA (1985), Stanford (1991 and 2012) and California (1999).
UPCOMING PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
National Invitation Tournament
Madison Square Garden, New York, N.Y.
Tues., March 31 - Semifinals
Miami (Fla.) vs. Temple, 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT, ESPN
Old Dominion vs. STANFORD, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, ESPN
Thurs., April 2 - Championship
NIT Championship, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, ESPN
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 12:30pm PTLive