'Pride of the Pac' headlines summer programming on Pac-12 Networks
Televised special honoring 2015-16 Tom Hansen Conference Medal winners premieres Wednesday, July 6 at 7 p.m. PT
SAN FRANCISCO (June 2, 2016) – While live event productions have come to a close for the year, Pac-12 Networks has a slate of premier programming on deck for the summer to keep fans entertained through August.
It’s a #Pac12Summer as Pac-12 Networks relives the epic moments and milestones from the conference’s year in sports. Beginning June 6, each week will feature a different theme, while each day will focus on a different sport. Themes will include:
- Best Games (June 6 - 12)
- Featured game: Monday, June 6 at 7pm PT / 8pm MT | (Feb. 6, 2016) WGYM: Utah at UCLA -- In a battle of two women's gymnastics powerhouses, UCLA edged Utah in the final rotation with an incredible floor exercise set that featured Sophina DeJesus' viral performance.
- Clutch Performances (June 13 - 19)
- Featured game: Saturday, June 18 at 8pm PT / 9pm MT | (Jan. 28, 2016) MBK: Oregon at Arizona -- The 23rd-ranked Ducks soared into McKale Center looking to snap Arizona's 49-game home winning streak.
- Road Warriors (June 20 - 26)
- Featured game: Wednesday, June 22 at 9:30pm PT / 10:30pm MT | (Nov. 27, 2015) WVB: Stanford at UCLA -- Senior Brittany Howard turned in a career-best 22 kills to spark sixth-ranked Stanford's road victory over UCLA -- spoiling the Bruins' Senior Night.
- Centennial Celebration (June 27 - July 3)
- Featured program: Friday, July 1 at 7:30pm PT / 8:30pm MT | Icons of the Centennial -- An hour and a half-long special honoring and saluting the most influential figures in the history of the conference.
- Championship Week (July 4 - 10)
- Featured game: Saturday, July 9 at 11pm PT / 12am MT | Football in 60: 2016 Rose Bowl Stanford vs. Iowa -- Stanford star running back Christian McCaffrey racked up 342 all-purpose yards and scored two electrifying touchdowns as the sixth-ranked Cardinal took home the Rose Bowl crown with a 45-16 victory over No. 5 Iowa.
- Upset City (July 18-24)
- Featured game: Sunday, July 24 at 12pm PT / 1pm MT | (Aug. 30, 2015) MSOC: Michigan State at Oregon State -- The Beavers notched a huge home upset of the ninth-ranked Spartans behind sophomore forward Timmy Mueller's goal in the 17th minute.
Pac-12 Networks’ summer schedule continues Wednesday, July 6 at 7 p.m. PT with Pride of the Pac, a one-hour special honoring the 24 winners of the prestigious Tom Hansen Conference Medal. Named after former Pac-10 Commissioner Tom Hansen, the medal has been awarded for the past 54 years to the top student-athletes demonstrating excellence in scholarship, athletics and leadership. Hosted by Mike Yam and Ashley Adamson, ‘Pride of the Pac’ features profiles on all 24 winners, which include one male and one female student-athlete from each Conference institution.
Also featured this summer on Pac-12 Networks will be ‘The 12 Best,’ which recognizes the best student-athlete performances of 2015-16 on Monday, June 20 at 8 p.m. PT, followed by the best moments of 2015-16 year on Monday, June 27 at 7 p.m. PT.
Details surrounding Pac-12 Networks’ summer programming can be found below. Additional information can also be found on Pac-12.com/summer.
Pride of the Pac
Debut: Wednesday, July 6 at 7:00 p.m. PT (all Networks)
Encore showings: Wednesday, July 6 at 11:00 p.m. PT; Thursday July 7 at 12:00 p.m. PT; Friday July 8 at 9:30 p.m. PT
The 12 Best: 2015-16 Student-Athletes of the Year
Debut: Monday, June 20 at 8:00 p.m. PT (Pac-12 Network), 9:00 p.m. PT (all regional Networks)
Encore showings: Monday, June 20 at 9:30 p.m. PT; Saturday, June 25 at 3:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. PT (Pac-12 Network)
The 12 Best: 2015-16 Moments of the Year
Debut: Monday, June 27 at 7:00 p.m. PT (all Networks)
Encore showings: Monday, June 27 at 9:30 p.m. PT; Tuesday, June 28 at 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. PT (Pac-12 Network)
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive