This Week in Pac-12 Men's Soccer
• After upsetting No. 1 Akron, SAN DIEGO STATE and UCLA are back with in action looking to carry the momentum for week three of the season. The Aztecs have home matches between UT Rio Grande on Friday Sept. 9 and Memphis Sunday Sept. 11 while the Bruins face Cal State Northridge Monday Sept. 12.
• The Pac-12 has three teams ranked in the NSCAA top 25 this week. UCLA sits in the No. 8 followed by San Diego State at No. 13 and STANFORD at No. 24. WASHINGTON, CALIFORNIA and OREGON STATE also received votes.
• UCLA made history this week scoring an NCAA record thee goals in a 32-second span against No. 1 Akron. Junior forward Abu Danladi scored twice in 11 seconds to record the third-fastest consecutive goals in NCAA history, and sophomore midfielder Jackson Yueill scored the third. The Bruins went on to upset No. 1 Akron 6-1.
• Yueill currently leads the nation in assists during a single game at four in that victory against previous No. 1 Akron.
• San Diego State goalkeeper Adam Allmaras was voted the Conference’s Player of the Week. Allmaras posted his second-straight shutout in the Aztecs' 1-0 victory over top-ranked Akron last Friday, making two key saves against the Zips. It is Allmaras' first-career weekly nod and San Diego State's 20th all-time.
• Oregon State sits atop the Conference standings after two wins this weekend - a 3-0 victory over San Jose State and a 2-1 overtime victory over Ohio State. San Diego State follows in the standings in second, followed by UCLA.
• Oregon state and UCLA are ranked in the top 25 nationally in scoring offense.
• 2015 Pac-12 Freshman of the Year Jose Hernandez of UCLA is among the 14 players with All-Conference honors returning to Pac-12 rosters this season. That list includes first-team members, UCLA's Seyi Adekoya and Abu Danladi, Nick Lima and Christian Thierjung of California, and Timmy Mueller of Oregon State competing this season.
• Twenty-eight players from NCAA Division I schools around the country have been marked as potential contenders for the 2016 Missouri Athletic Club’s (MAC) Hermann Trophy. The MAC Hermann Trophy is the most prestigious individual award in college soccer, presented annually to one male and one female athlete. Stanford’s Jordan Morris took home the honor last season. This year, the Pac-12 has two representatives on the list: UCLA’s Jose Hernandez and Abu Danladi.
• The countdown of Pac12 Networks’ 850 live event telecasts began on the pitch with a 36-game men’s soccer schedule. Each Pac-12 team appears on the Network at least 10 times (home or away) in 2016.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (all times local to site)
|Friday, Sept. 9|
|Oregon State at #10 Akron||4:30 p.m. PT|
|#13 San Diego State vs UT Rio Grande||7 p.m. PT|
|Saturday, Sept. 10|
|#24 Stanford vs San Jose State||P12BA||7 PT|
|Sunday, Sept. 11|
|#13 San Diego State vs Memphis||1 p.m. PT|
|Washington at Harvard||4 p.m. PT|
|Oregon State vs #19 Butler||8 p.m.. PT|
|Monday, Sept. 5|
|#8 UCLA vs CSUN||7 p.m. PT|
|Teams||Points||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
|San Diego State||7||0-0||2-0-1|
PAC-12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
THIS WEEK: Adam Allmaras, San Diego State
ALSO NOMINATED: Timmy Muller, OSU; Juan Cervantes, UCLA; Mason Robertson, WASH
2016 PAC-12 MEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Sept. 6||Adam Allmaras, San Diego State|
|Aug. 30||Nick Lima, California|
MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List
Jose Hernandez, UCLA; Abu Danladi, UCLA;
IN THE PRESEASON
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive