Ballage, Tauteoli, Jackson earn weekly Conference honors
Offensive: Kalen Ballage, Jr., RB, Arizona State
• Tied an NCAA single-game record with eight touchdowns - seven rushing and one receiving - in the in Sun Devils' 68-55 win over Texas Tech in Tempe.
• His record-setting night also included breaking the Pac-12 record for most touchdowns scored in a single game as well as most rushing touchdowns by a single player in conference history. Also outscored 93 FBS teams by himself this weekend.
• Named to the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll as well as honored with National Performer of the Week, Rose Bowl Game Pac-12 Player of the Week, and CBS National Player of the Week.
Defensive: Sunia Tauteoli, Jr., LB, Salt Lake City
• Returned an interception 41 yards for a touchdown on the game’s first play from scrimmage for a 7-0 Utah lead.
• Also intercepted a pass in the third quarter giving him two in the game and in his career.
• Along with six tackles (tied for second on the team), he assisted in the tackle that stopped BYU’s two-point conversion attempt with 18 seconds remaining to secure a 20-19 win over BYU.
Special Teams: Adoree' Jackson, Jr., CB-WR-RET, USC
• Jackson returned a punt for a 77-yard touchdown to give USC a 31-0 third quarter lead against Utah State. It was his third scoring punt return in his career and the 11th TD he has scored (5 receiving, 3 punt returns, 2 kickoff returns and 1 interception).
• Jackson also made 2 tackles on defense in the Trojans' 45-7 win over Utah State.
Offensive: Chad Hansen, CAL; Sefo Liufau, COLO; Royce Freeman, ORE; Soso Jamabo, UCLA; Juju Smith-Schuster, USC; Jake Browning, WASH
Defensive: De'Chavon 'Gump' Hayes, ASU; Jalen Jelks, ORE; Randall Goforth, UCLA; Cameron Smith, USC
Special Teams: Zane Gonzalez, ASU; Ishmael Adams, UCLA; Andy Phillips, UTAH
2016 PAC-12 FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Sept. 12||Kalen Ballage, ASU||Sunia Tauteoli, UTAH||Adoree' Jackson, USC|
|Sept. 5||Sefo Liufau, COLO||Troy Dye, ORE||Mitch Wishnowsky, UTAH|
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive