This Week in Pac-12 Men's Soccer
• Pac-12 teams continue non-conference play as a top-20 matchup highlights the week when No. 7 UCLA meets No. 13 UC Santa Barbara on Saturday, Sept. 17. SAN DIEGO STATE looks to remain undefeated as it takes on Cal Poly on Saturday as well. CALIFORNIA and STANFORD will both be appear on the Pac-12 Network when each meet Harvard with the Cardinal playing Friday, Sept. 16 and the Bears on Sunday, Sept. 18.
• The Pac-12 has three teams ranked in the NSCAA top 25 this week. UCLA sits at No. 7 followed by San Diego State at No. 11 and Stanford at No. 25. WASHINGTON and California also received votes.
• No. 11 San Diego State continues to remain undefeated posting its fourth shutout in a row in a 4-0 victory against Memphis. The Aztecs have yet to allow a goal in the last 447 minutes and 41 seconds of playing time with GK Adam Allmaras posting a top-five national ranking in goals against average (.191) and save percentage. (.938)
• San Diego State forward Jeroen Meefout was named the Conference’s Player of the Week. Meefout was named most outstanding offensive player at the Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central Soccer Tournament after scoring four of the Aztecs’ five goals on the weekend in victories over UTRGV and Memphis. His four goals through five games this season already match his goal production for the entire 2015 season. It was Meefout’s first-career nod and SDSU’s 21st all-time.
• UCLA posted a 4-0 shutout of CSUN with four different players scoring goals. The Bruins continue to remain in the top 25 nationally in scoring offense (2.40). Sophomore midfielder Jackson Yueill continues to post top three national rankings in total assists (5) and assists per game (1).
• Stanford notched its first win of the season by scoring four goals against San Jose State. Four different Cardinal scored en route to the 4-1 win. Stanford its home non-losing streak pushing it to 20-1-8 in its last 29 matches on The Farm.
• Washington split a pair of games on the East Coast with a win over Dartmouth and a loss over Harvard. The Huskies gave Dartmouth its first loss of the season as sophomore forward David Coly netted the single goal of the game.
• 2015 Pac-12 Freshman of the Year Jose Hernandez of UCLA is among the 14 players with All-Conference honors returning to Pac-12 rosters this season. That list includes first-team members, UCLA's Seyi Adekoya and Abu Danladi, Nick Lima and Christian Thierjung of California, and Timmy Mueller of Oregon State competing this season.
• Twenty-eight players from NCAA Division I schools around the country have been marked as potential contenders for the 2016 Missouri Athletic Club’s (MAC) Hermann Trophy. The MAC Hermann Trophy is the most prestigious individual award in college soccer, presented annually to one male and one female athlete. Stanford’s Jordan Morris took home the honor last season. This year, the Pac-12 has two representatives on the list: UCLA’s Jose Hernandez and Abu Danladi.
• The countdown of Pac12 Networks’ 850 live event telecasts began on the pitch with a 36-game men’s soccer schedule. Each Pac-12 team appears on the Network at least 10 times (home or away) in 2016.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (all times local to site)
|Friday, Sept. 16|
|Nebraska Omaha at California||4:30 p.m. PT|
|Davidson at Washington||7 p.m. PT|
|Harvard at #25 Stanford||P12BA||8 p.m. PT|
|Saturday, Sept. 17|
|Oregon State at UNLV||7 p.m. PT|
|#11 San Diego State at Cal Poly||7 p.m. PT|
|#7 UCLA at #13 UC Santa Barabra||7 p.m. PT|
|Sunday, Sept. 18|
|College of Charleston at Washington||1 p.m. PT|
|Harvard at California||PAC12/P12BA||11 a.m. PT|
|Nebraska Omaha at #25 Stanford||7 p.m. PT|
|Teams||Points||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
|San Diego State||13||0-0||4-0-1|
PAC-12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
THIS WEEK: Jeroen Meffout, CAL
ALSO NOMINATED: Adam Mosharrafa, STAN; Jackson Yueill, UCLA
2016 PAC-12 MEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Sept. 13||Jeroen Meefout, SDSU|
|Sept. 6||Adam Allmaras, SDSU|
|Aug. 30||Nick Lima, California|
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Fri 8/25 | 6:00pm PTLive
Fri 8/25 | 8:00pm PTLive