Hansen, Decoud, Gonzalez earn weekly Conference honors
Offensive: Chad Hansen, Jr., WR, California
• Registered 12 receptions for 196 yards receiving and a two touchdown catches in a 50-43 win over No. 11 Texas. Hansen was on the receiving end of a 12-yard touchdown pass from Davis Webb that provided the winning points after the game had been tied 43-43 and also scored on a two-point conversion in the fourth quarter.
• Hansen has recorded 10 or more receptions in three consecutive games with 14 vs. Hawai'i and at San Diego before his 12 against Texas.
• Hansen leads the nation in receptions (40) and receptions per game (13.3 rpg), receiving yards (546) and receiving yards per game (182.0 ypg) and tied for first with five TD catches.
Defensive: Treston Decoud, Sr., CB, Oregon State
• Recorded four tackles, two interceptions, two pass break ups and one touchdown in a 37-7 win over Idaho State.
• Decoud recorded his first two career interceptions including returning the second 75-yards for a touchdown in the third quarter. It was OSU’s longest interception return since Terrence Carroll’s 79-yarder vs. USC in 2000, and it was OSU’s first pick-six since Caleb Saulo’s against San Jose State on Sept. 19, 2015.
Special Teams: Zane Gonzalez Sr., OK, Arizona State
• With his second field goal of the night early in the 2nd quarter, Zane Gonzalez broke the Pac-12 record for points scored in a career with his 416th. He would end the night stretching his point record to 424 in a 32-28 win over UTSA.
• His four field goals on the night moves him into 5th in FBS history and ties former Sun Devil Luis Zendejas for the ASU career field goals mark at 81. The FBS record is 88 by FSU’s Dustin Hopkins.
• The two 54-yarders for Gonzalez are both career longs and he was 3-for-3 from 50+ yards this season. He is the first Sun Devil in history to kick more than one 50-yarder in a game
Offensive: Brandon Dawkins, ARIZ; Victor Bolden, OSU; Christian McCaffrey, STAN; Tim Patrick, UTAH; James Williams, WSU
Defensive: Luke Rubenzer, CAL; Alijah Holder, STAN; Hunter Dimick, UTAH; Greg Gaines, WASH
Special Teams: Josh Pollack, ARIZ; Conrad Ukropina, STAN; Marcellus Pippins, WSU
2016 PAC-12 FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Sept. 19||Chad Hansen, CAL||Treston Decoud, OSU||Zane Gonzalez, ASU|
|Sept. 12||Kalen Ballage, ASU||Sunia Tauteoli, UTAH||Adoree' Jackson, USC|
|Sept. 5||Sefo Liufau, COLO||Troy Dye, ORE||Mitch Wishnowsky, UTAH|