Pac-12 Conference play begins for women's soccer
• The Pac-12 ended the last week of non-conference going 12-4-1. The first week of Conference action kicks off with a match up between ARIZONA STATE at No. 11 UCLA for #ThursdayGoals on Pac-12 Network.
• The Conference goalies continue to prove their worth with three teams appearing in the top-20 in the nation in shutout percentage. USC is ninth (0.750), CALIFORNIA is 12th (0.667), and UTAH is 18th (0.625) in the category. California’s Emily Boyd sits at fourth in the nation for shutouts (6) and USC’s Sammy Jo Prudhomme sits at ninth (5).
• The Pac-12 Conference has continually had three or more teams in the NSCAA top-25 with STANFORD making a strong presence at first or second each week this season. Pac-12 teams continue to reign victorious over ranked teams, proving their worth, including multiple upsets and notable wins over the season thus far. Most notably, an upset by unranked USC over then-No. 8 North Carolina on Sept. 11 and UCLA beating reigning national champion Penn State on Sept. 2.
• NSCAA rankings feature four Pac-12 teams this week with Stanford at the helm once again (No. 1), USC moving up two places to No. 10, UCLA again at No. 11, and California moving up one place to No .20. WASHINGTON STATE and ARIZONA also received votes.
• The Pac-12 (68-24-9) is second in the nation in non-conference record behind the ACC (82-23-6). Stanford and California greatly contributed to this record with seven wins during non-conference play. Stanford currently has only one tie to supplement its seven wins.
• NCAA RPI rankings has four Pac-12 teams in the top-25 with Stanford at No.1, UCLA is No. 14, USC is No. 19, and Utah is No. 23. View the full RPI rankings here.
• Four games appear on the Pac-12 Network this week: Arizona State at No. 11 UCLA (mentioned above), OREGON STATE at No. 20 California, Arizona at No. 10 USC, and COLORADO at Washington State.
• UCLA swept the Pac-12 player of the week honors this week with all three weekly honors going to Bruins. Darian Jenkins claimed Offensive Player of the Week, Hailie Mace claimed Defensive player of the week, and Teagan Micah claimed her second season honor for Goalkeeper of the Week.
• TopDrawerSoccer.com features four Pac-12 schools in the top-25 with Stanford coming in at No. 1, USC is No. 6, UCLA is No. 8 and California is No. 21.
• The reigning Pac-12 Player of the Year, Arielle Ship, returns for the Golden Bears this season, as well as USC's Kayla Mills, the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year and Stanford's Jane Campbell, the Pac-12 Goalkeeper of the Year. Six members of the All-Pac-12 first team and eight members of the All-Pac-12 second team are returning for the coming season.
• Twenty-eight players from NCAA Division I schools around the country have been marked as potential contenders for the 2016 Missouri Athletic Club’s (MAC) Hermann Trophy. The MAC Hermann Trophy is the most prestigious individual award in college soccer, presented annually to one male and one female athlete. The Pac-12 has five representatives on the list: Stanford’s senior Jane Campbell and junior Andi Sullivan, USC’s seniors Kayla Mills and Morgan Andres, along with California’s senior Arielle Ship.
• The countdown of Pac12 Networks’ 850 live event telecasts begin on the pitch with a 68-game women’s soccer schedule. Each Pac-12 team appears on the Network at least six times (home or away) in 2016.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded standings)
|Teams||Points||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Times local to site)
|Thursday, Sep. 22|
|ARIZONA STATE at #11 UCLA||P12N||7 p.m. PT|
|Friday, Sep. 23||TV/Stream||Time|
|OREGON STATE at #20 CALIFORNIA||P12N||3 p.m. PT|
|ARIZONA at #10 USC||P12N||3 p.m. PT|
|COLORADO at WASHINGTON STATE||P12N||5 p.m. PT|
|UTAH at WASHINGTON STATE||Live Stream||7 p.m. PT|
|Saturday, Sep. 24|
|OREGON at #1 STANFORD||Live Stream||7 p.m. PT|
P12N/P12A/P12BA/P12LA/P12M/P12O/P12W - Indicates live broadcast on Pac-12 Network. MWN - Indicates live broadcast on Mountain West Network.
PAC-12 PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offensive: Darian Jenkins, Sr., UCLA
Defensive: Hailie Mace, So., UCLA
Goalkeeper: Teagan Micah, Fr., UCLA
Offensive: Lucy Lara, ASU; Arielle Ship, CAL; Natalie Higgins, OSU; Sam Tran, STAN; Leah Pruitt, USC; Morgan Weaver, WSU.
Defensive: Mckenzie Grossman, ASU; Maddie Bauer, STAN; Mandy Freeman, USC; Tavia Leachman, UTAH; Susie White, WSU.
Goalkeeper: Emma Malsy, ASU; Jalen Tompkins, COLO; Bella Geist, OSU; Jane Campbell, STAN; Sammy Jo Prudhomme, USC; Ella Dederick, WSU.
2016 PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List
Jane Campbell, Stanford; Andi Sullivan, Stanford; Kayla Mills, USC; Morgan Andres, USC; Arielle Ship, California
- Arizona Women's Soccer
- Arizona State Women's Soccer
- California Women's Soccer
- Colorado Women's Soccer
- Oregon Women's Soccer
- Oregon State Women's Soccer
- Stanford Women's Soccer
- UCLA Women's Soccer
- USC Women's Soccer
- Utah Women's Soccer
- Washington Women's Soccer
- Washington State Women's Soccer
- Arizona State
- Oregon State
- Washington State
- Women's Soccer