Pac-12 announces the men's tennis player of the week
THIS WEEK: Florian Lakat, California
• Won twice in singles and three times in doubles as Cal won two out of three matches - including beating fellow Pac-12 school UCLA, 4-3 - at the ITA National Men's Team Indoor Championship in Charlottesville, Va.
• Ranked 11th in singles, Lakat beat Baylor's 54th-ranked Juan Benitez, 7-6(3), 1-6, 6-4, and UCLA's 73rd-ranked Martin Redlicki, 6-4, 6-3.
• In doubles, the third-ranked pair of Lakat and Filip Bergevi beat a ranked opponent in North Carolina's No. 21 William Blumberg and Robert Kelly, 6-3.
• The two Bears also defeated Baylor's Max Tchoutakian and Johannes Schretter, 6-2, while Lakat teamed with Connor Heap to knock off the Bruins' Gage Brymer and Maxime Cressey, 6-4.
• This is California’s 25th all-time player of the week honor.
ALSO NOMINATED: Thomas Laurent, ORE; Jack Jaede, USC; Dan Little, UTAH.
2017 PAC-12 MEN'S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
|February 20||Florian Lakat, California|
|February 13||Enzo Sommer, Washington|
|February 6||Martin Redlicki, UCLA|
|January 30||Martin Redlicki, UCLA|
|January 23||Gage Brymer, UCLA|