Teams compete for Pac-12 Tournament crown in Seattle
• In what has been one of the most competitive seasons in Pac-12 women’s basketball history, the teams have reached the pinnacle as all 12 teams get set for the Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Tournament at KeyArena in Seattle.The winner of the tournament secures the Conference’s automatic bid.
• OREGON STATE claimed its third-consecutive Pac-12 regular-season title and third-straight No. 1 seed, posting a 16-2 league record. The Beavers are the six-ranked team in the country leading four ranked teams, all in the top 15. STANFORD, UCLA and WASHINGTON all secured first-round byes in the Pac-12 Tournament.
• WASHINGTON’s Kelsey Plum capped her Senior Day with one of the most historic performances in NCAA history. She netted a Pac-12 and school record 57 points to claim the NCAA scoring title. She also tied the Conference record for field goals made and also took down the league’s single-season scoring record. She was voted Pac-12 Player of the Week and also earned her third ESPNW National Player of the Week honor.
• Plum was also voted the Pac-12 Player of the Year in a vote of the Conference’s coaches. She is the first Husky since 2003 to earn the honor. OREGON’s Sabrina Ionescu was voted the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year becoming the first Duck to claim the award since 1999. OSU’s Gabriella Hanson was voted the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, keeping the award in Corvallis for the third-straight year. And for the second time in three year’s the Beavs’ Scott Rueck is the John R. Wooden Pac-12 Coach of the Year.
• The Conference office announced the All-Pac-12, All-Freshman and All-Defensive teams on Tuesday. Among the 15 players voted to the all-conference team by the league’s head coaches, Plum and OSU’s Sydney Wiese earned a spot on the all-Conference team for the fourth-consecutive year, while ARIZONA STATE’s Sophie Brunner earns her third all-Conference nod. CALIFORNIA’s Kristine Anigwe, STANFORD’s Erica McCall and UCLA’s Jordin Canada make their second appearances on the All-Pac-12 team. UO’s Ionescu and teammate Ruthy Hebard are the only freshmen on the 15-player team.
• The Pac-12 is the only conference in the country to have four teams in the RPI’s top 10 and 10 of the 12 teams have a RPI in the top 100.
• All 11 games of the Pac-12 Tournament will be nationally televised again. The first round through semifinal round, March 2-4, will be broadcast on Pac-12 Network. The championship game will be televised on ESPN2.
2017 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Tournament
- Arizona Women's Basketball
- Arizona State Women's Basketball
- California Women's Basketball
- Colorado Women's Basketball
- Oregon Women's Basketball
- Oregon State Women's Basketball
- Stanford Women's Basketball
- UCLA Women's Basketball
- USC Women's Basketball
- Utah Women's Basketball
- Washington Women's Basketball
- Washington State Women's Basketball
- 2017 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Tournament
- Arizona State
- Oregon State
- Washington State
- Women's Basketball
- Pac-12 Conference
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
Wed 10/18 | 7:00pm PTLive
Thu 10/19 | 3:00pm PTLive