Pac-12 Announces Women's Swimmer and Diver of the Month
Swimmer of the Month: Katie Ledecky, Stanford
• Ledecky was the Women's Swimmer of the Meet at the Pac-12 Championships and helped lead Stanford to its first conference crown since 2013.
• The freshman set two individual American records (500 free and 400 IM) and was a part of two others on relays (400 and 800 free).
• She also finished as the Pac-12 runner-up in the 200 free to fellow Olympian and teammate Simone Manuel.
• Earlier in the month, Ledecky set three pool records to propel Stanford to a dual meet win at No. 2 Cal as the Cardinal capped a second straight undefeated regular season.
• Two of those pool records came back-to-back as Ledecky won the 1,000 free and 200 free in consecutive events.
Diver of the Month: Maria Polyakova, UCLA
• UCLA's Maria Polyakova was named she was named Diver of the Meet at the Pac-12 Championships to lead the Bruins to a fifth place finish.
• The junior secured her second career Pac-12 Championship when she posted a personal-best score of 385.00 in the finals of the 3-meter event.
• She also reached the podium in the 1-meter (335.75, second) and platform (259.70, third) events en route to the honor, which was UCLA's first.
• Polyakova added Top 3 finishes in the 3-meter and 1-meter events at crosstown rival USC earlier in the month.
Pac-12 teams now head to the 2017 NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships in Indianapolis, Indiana. The competition gets underway Wednesday March 15 through Saturday 18 with Pac-12 squads claiming 14 of the 16 top times in the country. More information can be found here: http://www.ncaa.com/sports/swimming-women/d1
Swimmer of the Month: Silja Kansakoski, ASU; Linnea Mack, UCLA; Louise Hansson, USC; Addisynn Bursch, WSU.
Diver of the Month: Mara Aiacoboae, ASU; Kassidy Cook, STAN.
2016-17 PAC-12 WOMEN'S SWIMMER AND DIVER OF THE MONTH
|Swimmer of the Month||Diver of the Month|
|February||Katie Ledecky, Stanford||Maria Polyakova, UCLA|
|January||Kathleen Baker, California||Kassidy Cook, Stanford|
|December||Katrina Konopka, Arizona||Eloise Belanger, UCLA|
|November||Katie Ledecky, Stanford||Phoebe LaMay, California|