Pac-12 announces baseball Players of the Week
ARIZONA’S CAL STEVENSON NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OREGON STATE’S LUKE HEIMLICH TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Cal Stevenson, Jr., OF, Arizona
• 6 R, 8 H, 6 RBI, 1.000 SLG
• Hit a 2-run walk-off HR in Friday night's win over Washington. Arizona's first walk-off HR since 2011.
• Trailing by 4 runs in the 9th on Sunday, Stevenson had the leadoff single to start the 5-run 9th inning rally. Had two sacrifice bunts the same game he later hit a walk-off HR.
• Reached base six times in Monday's win over Santa Clara. Reached base 68 percent of the time for the week.
• 67th all-time weekly-honor for Arizona and first for Stevenson.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Luke Heimlich, Jr., LHP, Oregon State
• 12 K, 7 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA
• Won his seventh game of the season after striking out a career-best 12 batters in the series-opening win over California.
• Over his last four starts, has allowed just two runs, 17 hits and seven walks - with 36 strikeouts - over 29 2/3 innings.
• Lowered his ERA to 0.71 from 0.78. That leads the nation.
• 85th honor for Oregon State and third honor for Heimlich.
Player: Preston Grande Pre, CAL; Adley Rutschman, OSU; Duke Kinamon, STAN; Michael Toglia, UCLA; Justin Harrer, WSU.
Pitcher: Cameron Ming, ARIZ; Connor Higgins, ASU; David Peterson, ORE; Colton Hock, STAN; Griffin Canning, UCLA; Cody Anderson, WSU.
2017 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK