Pac-12 announces baseball Players of the Week
STANFORD’S JESSE KUET NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OREGON STATE’S JAKE THOMPSON TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Jesse Kuet, Jr., INF, Stanford
• 6 R, 10 H, 6 RBI, .556 SLG
• Hit a walk off in the 10th inning of the final home game for head coach Mark Marquess, who is retiring after 41 seasons.
• For the week, Kuet hit .556 (10-for-18) with 6 runs, 6 RBI and a .600 on-base percentage.
• On Wednesday, Kuet had a career-high four hits and four RBI with two runs on a 4-for-5 night at Santa Clara. On Friday, he went 2-for-3 with two more runs, including the game-tying run in the seventh. That was followed by a 1-for-2 night with two runs, a walk and a big RBI in the eighth inning that gave the Cardinal an insurance run. On Sunday, he was 2-for-5 with a game-winning RBI in the 10th that sparked an emotional Cardinal celebration.
• First honor for Kuet and 77th honor for Stanford.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Jake Thompson, Jr., RHP, Oregon State
• 5 K, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA
• Became the nation's first 12-game winner in his complete-game effort over WSU. It was his first career complete-game effort.
• He allowed only four batters to reach base and none managed to get into scoring position.
• Thompson lowered his ERA to 1.01, which is third nationally.
• 86th honor for Oregon State and second honor for Oregon State.
Player: JJ Matijevic, ARIZ; Cameron Eden, CAL; Kyle Kasser, ORE; Michael Gretler, OSU; Daniel Amaral, UCLA; Frankie Rios, USC; Dallas Carroll, UTAH; Dillon PLew, WSU.
Pitcher: Cameron Ming, ARIZ; Tanner Dodson, CAL; David Peterson, ORE; Tyler Thorne, STAN; Griffin Canning, UCLA; Dylan Drachler, UTAH.
2017 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Wed 2/28 | 1:00pm PTLive