Undefeated UCLA tops nation and Pac-12 Women's Soccer
• The Pac-12 Conference entered the week on Monday owning a 52-16-9 combined record, which was the best non-conference winning percentage of any league (.734).
• For the second consecutive week, UCLA maintains the No. 1 spot in the nation after Knocking off then-No. 8 Virginia, 2-1, on the road. STANFORD follows right behind at No. 2 after two high-scoring wins over San Francisco (8-0) and Yale (7-0).
• This week No. 17 CALIFORNIA has the opportunity to make a statement while hosting No. 14 Oklahoma State on Sunday. For the last weekend of non-conference play, four games will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks this Friday. Cal versus Oklahoma on Pac-12 Network, UTAH against Kansas on Pac-12 Mountain, UCLA versus Pepperdine on Pac-12 Los Angeles, and ARIZONA faces BYU on Pac-12 Arizona.
• USC is ranked No. 12 for the second week in a row, California climbed seven spots to No. 17 and Utah rounded out the national poll at No. 25.
• The Cardinal’s 22 goals in its last three matches is a program record that was previously 19 goals in a three-game run in 1991. Stanford ranks first in the country in total points (104), total goals (37) and scoring offense (5.29) along with making the top 5 in five additional statistical categories.
• All totaled, Pac-12 Conference teams are featured 14 times among national statistical leaders, featuring UCLA with four rankings, including third in assists per game (3.86) and fourth in total assists (27) and points per game (10.14).
• UCLA forward Ashley Sanchez earned Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week after scoring the first goal and assisting the game winner in the Bruins’ 2-1 victory over Virginia. The forward also earned UCLA’s second national individual award of the season, collecting TopDrawerSoccer’s National Player of the Week.
• WASHINGTON earned three shutout victories last week at the Nike Invitational -New Mexico (1-0) Boise State (2-0) and Baylor (1-0). The wall in the back that kept a clean sheet earned center defender Jessica Udovich the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week and Sarah Shimer the Pac-12 Goalkeeper of the Week honors.
• Stanford midfielder Jordan DiBiasi gained national attention contributing to the team’s dominating offense with two goals and two assists to earn a spot on the TopDrawerSoccer Best XI team.
• Golden Bears’ midfielder Daisy Cleverley and COLORADO forward Marty Puketapu will join forces as they both received call-ups to the New Zealand Women’s National Soccer Team for a pair of friendlies against the United States Women’s National Team and Stanford’s Tierna Davidson this weekend.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded standings)
|Teams||Points||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Times local to site)
|Thursday, Sept. 14||TV/Stream||Time|
|WASHINGTON STATE at Utah Valley||6 p.m. PT|
|Friday, Sept. 15||TV/Stream||Time|
|Oklahoma at #17 CALIFORNIA||P12N||2 p.m. PT|
|Kansas at #25 UTAH||P12M||6 p.m. PT|
|OREGON STATE at Portland||7 p.m. MT|
|Montana at OREGON||7 p.m. PT|
|Pepperdine at #1 UCLA||P12L||7 p.m. MT|
|Hawai'i at ARIZONA STATE||7 p.m. PT|
|BYU at ARIZONA||P12A||7 p.m. PT|
|Seattle at WASHINGTON||7 p.m. PT|
|#12 USC at Loyola Marymount||7 p.m. PT|
|Saturday, Sept. 16|
|COLORADO at Denver||6 p.m. PT|
|Sunday, Sept. 17|
|#14 Oklahoma State at #17 CALIFORNIA||11 a.m. PT|
|#12 USC at San Diego||1 p.m. PT|
|Weber State at ARIZONA STATE||1 p.m. MT|
|WASHINGTON STATE at Montana||1 p.m. PT|
|Idaho State at OREGON||5 p.m. PT|
|#2 STANFORD at Santa Clara||7:30 p.m. PT|
P12N/P12A/P12BA/P12LA/P12M/P12O/P12W - Indicates live broadcast on Pac-12 Network. MWN - Indicates live broadcast on Mountain West Network.
PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offensive: Ashley Sanchez, UCLA
Defensive: Jessica Udovich, Washington
Goalkeeper: Sarah Shimer, Washington
Offensive: Jordan Dibiasi, Stanford; Tatum Barton, Colorado; Marissa Everett, Oregon; Makamae Gomera-Stevens, Washington State; Abigail Kim, California; Shea O'Connor, Oregon State; Leah Pruitt, USC; Sianna Siemonsma, Washington.
Defensive: Mackenzie Cerda, UCLA; Kathryn Baker, Oregon State; Samantha Falasco, Arizona; Indigo Gibson, California; Grace Hancock, Washington State; Alyssa Hinojosa, Oregon; Kiara Pickett, Stanford; Ally Prisock, USC.
Goalkeeper: Kaylie Collins, USC; Teagan Micah, UCL ; Emily Boyd, California; Ella Dederick, Washington State; Bella Geist, Oregon State; Halla Hinriksdottir, Oregon; Alison Jahansouz, Stanford;
2017 PAC-12 WOMEN'S SOCCER PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
TopDrawerSoccer Player of the Week
Ashley Sanchez, UCLA, Sept. 12; Jessie Fleming, UCLA, Aug. 22
IN THE PRESEASON
Pac-12 Preseason Poll | NSCAA Preseason Poll | Soccer America Preseason Poll unavailable as of 8/23
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 7:00pm PTLive
Fri 12/15 | 5:00pm PTLive