Pac-12 announces volleyball players of the week
Offensive: Kathryn Plummer, SO, Stanford (Aliso Viejo, Calif.,)
4.88 kps .365 pct., 6 digs, 7 blocks, 5.6 pps
• Led Stanford to two wins last week and its 17th Pac-12 title with a sweep over No. 14 USC. Also rallied from behind for a five-set win against No. 18 UCLA.
• Recorded a match-high 11 kills on .500 hitting with an ace and three blocks against the Trojans in the title-clinching match.
• Set a career-high 28 kills, including one on match point, to seal the comeback win against the Bruins.
• Currently leads the Pac-12 in kills (4.72) and points (5.43), and moved into the top-10 in hitting percentage (.317) for the season.
• Earns sixth-career Pac-12 weekly award and third Offensive Player of the Week nod for Stanford’s 104th all-time weekly honor.
Defensive: Audriana Fitzmorris, SO, Stanford (Overland Park, Kan.,)
2.25 bps, .324 pct., 2.9 pps
• Helped Stanford win the 2017 Pac-12 crown for the Cardinal’s 17th Conference title all-time.
• Recorded a season-high 10 blocks in the sweep against No. 14 USC, just one block shy of her career high, as the Cardinal held the Trojans to their lowest team hitting percentage of the season (.023) in a 3-0 win.
• Set a match-high eight blocks against No. 18 UCLA (3-2) and currently leads the Pac-12 with 1.51 blocks per set on the season.
• Picks up fifth-career weekly Conference recognition and second Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week nod for the Cardinal’s 105th all-time weekly award.
Freshman: Kylee McLaughlin, FR, Oregon State (Carrollton, Texas)
9.89 aps, 2.89 dps, 3 blocks
• Directed Oregon State’s offense to a weekend sweep over Washington State, 3-1, and knocked off No. 10 Washington in a thrilling five-setter.
• Tallied a career-high six kills and amassed 47 assists, 14 digs and two blocks against the Huskies.
• Contributed to three players recording double-digit kills against WSU and four against UW, registering 89 assists over the two matches.
•Earns third Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor for Oregon States 11th award nod.
Offensive: Alexa Smith, COLO: Taylor Agost, ORE; Kory Cheshire, OSU; Madeleine Gates, UCLA; Brittany Abercrombie, USC; Tawnee Luafalemana, UTAH; Kara Bajema, WASH; Taylor Mims, WSU.
Defensive: Naghede Abu, COLO; Alex Hojnar, ORE; Kayla Ellis, OSU; Zana Muno, UCLA; Victoria Garrick, USC; Berkeley Oblad, UTAH; Courtney Schwan, WASH; Alexis Dirige, WSU.
Freshman: Brynna Deluzio, COLO; Meghan McClure, STAN; Jenny Mosser, UCLA; Brooke Botkin, USC; Kenzie Koerber, UTAH; Lauren Sanders, WASH.
2017 PAC-12 VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 8:00pm PTLive