Pac-12 announces Tennis Players of the Week
Pac-12 Men's Tennis Player of the Week: Thomas Laurent, Jr., Oregon
• Laurent helped Oregon secure its fourth-straight victory this season, defeating Georgia State, 4-0, at home on Jan. 19. For the first time since 2013, the Ducks have not given up a single point in competition through the first three matches.
• At the No. 1 spot, Laurent picked up his second singles win of the season, downing Panthers' Andrei Andrukhou 6-0, 6-2, to give the Ducks an early 2-0 edge.
• In his first match of the day, Laurent and partner Cormac Clissold defeated the No. 56 pair of Kevin Huynh and Giles Hussey with a 6-2 decision to secure the doubles point for the Ducks.
• The Montpellier, France native earns his second-career Pac-12 Men’s Tennis Player of the Week award and is Oregon’s eighth all-time weekly nod.
Also Nominated: Tim Ruehl, ASU; Axel Geller, STAN; Daniel Cukierman, USC; David Micevski, UTAH; Jake Douglas, WASH.
2017-18 PAC-12 MEN'S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
|Jan. 23||Thomas Laurent, Oregon|
Pac-12 Women's Tennis Player of the Week: Michaela Bayerlova, Fr., Washington State
• Recorded two individual victories and two doubles wins to help Washington State complete a two-match sweep on Saturday, Jan. 2, defeating Montana State, 7-0, and Idaho, 7-0.
• The Krumbach, Germany native improved to 7-0 in singles with her two wins last week and is ranked No. 3 among freshmen/newcomers in the most recent ITA ranking.
• With the No. 1 spot, Bayerlova’s win over Idaho’s No. 39 Marianna Petrei (5-2, 6-3) is the highest-ranked win by a Cougar since 2016.
• Earns her first-career Pac-12 Women’s Tennis Player of the Week honor and eighth all-time for Washington State.
Also Nominated: Sasa Klanecek, ARIZONA STATE; Alyssa Tobita, OREGON.
2017-18 PAC-12 WOMEN'S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
|Jan. 23||Michaela Bayerlova, Washington State|
TOMORROW | 1:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 6:00pm PTLive