Pac-12 announces Baseball Players of the Week
CALIFORNIA'S ANDREW VAUGHN NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
OREGON'S PARKER KELLY TABBED PITCHER OF THE WEEK
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today that Andrew Vaughn of CALIFORNIA was named Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week and OREGON’s Parker Kelly was tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Andrew Vaughn, Jr., INF, California (Santa Rosa, Calif.)
• Vaughn helped California secure a four-game home sweep of Brown.
• The 2017 Pac-12 Freshman of the Year recorded another big weekend at the plate, going 5-for-13 with two home runs, one double, four runs scored and six RBI.
• He was also hit by a pitch four times and walked twice, giving him a .579 on-base percentage for the weekend. Vaughn also went 2-for-2 with two home runs and five RBI against Xavier in mid-week action, finishing the week 7-for-15 with four homers, eight runs scored and 11 RBIs.
• Earns his second career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and Cal’s 76th all-time weekly nod.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Parker Kelly, Jr., RHP, Oregon (Portland, Ore.)
• Kelly was dominant out of the bullpen as he struck out 14 hitters in seven innings over three appearances last week. He recorded a career-high seven strikeouts in a 5-4 win over UC Davis on Friday night. He came into a tied ball game and proceeded to strike out 7-of-10 batters faced to earn his fourth win of the season.
• He followed that with a three-inning stint on Sunday in which he struck out six of the 10 batters he faced. In his first appearance of the week, he struck out one in a scoreless inning in a 10-4 win over FAU. For the week, Kelly allowed just one hit and held opponents to an .048 batting average while finishing with a 14-to-1 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
• Collects his first Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor and marks Oregon’s 59th all-time weekly nod.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Alfonso Rivas, ARIZ; Jakob Goldfarb, ORE; Michael Gretler, OSU; Andrew Daschbach, STAN; Michael Toglia, UCLA; Lars Nootbaar, USC; Oliver Dunn, UTAH; Levi Jordan, WASH.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Cody Deason, ARIZ; Chaz Montoya, ASU; Aaron Shortridge, CAL; Jake Mulholland, OSU; Brendan Beck, STAN; Ryan Garcia, UCLA; Spencer Kevin Johnson, UTAH; Jordan Jones, WASH; Scotty Sunitsch, WSU.
2018 PAC-12 PLAYER AND PITCHER OF THE WEEK
|Feb. 20||Trevor Larnach, OSU||Tristan Beck, STAN|
|Feb. 27||Jonah Davis, CAL||Joe DeMers, WASH|
|March 6||Spencer Torkelson, ASU||Tristan Beck, STAN|
|March 12||Andrew Vaughn, CAL||Parker Kelly, ORE|
TODAY | 3:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive