And then there were three – teams that can win the Pac-12 South, that is. USC and Utah were eliminated from the division race with losses to their respective opponents, leaving Arizona, Arizona State and UCLA to duke it out in the final week of the regular season.
- Two touchdowns from Jaydon Mickens helped power the Huskies, who became bowl-eligible with the win, past Oregon State Saturday night
- Oregon State kept it close for a while, getting big plays when it needed them, but Washington’s defense was too much for Beavers, who must beat Oregon next week to become bowl eligible
- Marcus Mariota said perhaps his last good-bye at Autzen, and Oregon moved one step closer to a conference title
Royce Freeman eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards for the season, the first time a true freshman has done so in an Oregon uniform
- The 117th Big Game was a healing time for the Cardinal, who snapped a two-game losing streak to take down the Bears
- The defense was back to its dominant ways, despite fluke plays that went in Cal’s favor