Pac-12 Football Players of the Week - Week 1
OFFENSIVE: Josh Rosen, JR, QB, UCLA
• Rosen led UCLA to the second-largest comeback in FBS history in a 45-44 win over Texas A&M, completing 35 of 59 passes on the night for 491 yards, the third-highest single-game yardage in school history.
• His 35 completions rank as the second-highest single-game mark in UCLA history.
• It was the 11th 300-yard passing game for Rosen which ties Cade McNown, 1995-98, for the most in UCLA career history.
• In the second half alone, Rosen completed 26 of 36 attempts for 377 yards and all four of his single-game best touchdown passes. On the game-winning drive, he completed seven of 10 passes for 76 yards including a 10-yard scoring pass to Jordan Lasley. In the fourth quarter alone, he threw for 292 yards.
DEFENSIVE: Devante Downs, SR, ILB, California
• Downs totaled 13 tackles (eight solo) along with 0.5 tackles for loss (-1 yard), one forced fumble, one interception that he returned 39 yards and one quarterback hurry in Cal's 35-30 win at North Carolina.
• Downs' pick on the final play of the first half on the Golden Bears' own 18 yard-line was a critical play that helped prevent North Carolina points just before the break.
• Downs is Cal's active career leader in tackles with an updated total of 160 and led the club with 84 as a 2016 junior.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Jake Olson, RSO, SNP, USC
• In an emotional moment that has resonated nationally, blind long snapper Jake Olson snapped for USC's final PAT versus Western Michigan.
• Olson was born with retinoblastoma, a cancer of the retina. He lost his left eye when he was 10 months old and, despite numerous procedures on his other eye, he had his right eye removed when he was 12 in 2009 (he spent the day before his 2009 surgery at a USC football practice).
• After long snapping in high school as a junior and senior in 2013 and 2014, he received a scholarship in 2015 to attend USC from Swim With Mike’s Physically Challenged Athletes Scholarship Fund.
OFFENSIVE: Manny Wilkins, ASU; Ross Bowers, CAL; Phillip Lindsay, COLO; Royce Freeman, ORE; Jake Luton, OSU; Bryce Love, STAN; Ronald Janes II, USC; Tyler Huntley, UTAH; James Williams, WSU.
DEFENSIVE: Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, ARIZ; Tashon Smallwood, ASU; Afolabi Laguda, COLO; Troy Dye, ORE; Peter Kalambayi, STAN; Jaelan Phillips, UCLA; Marvell Tell III, USC; Sunia Tauteoli, UTAH; Jalen Thompson, WSU.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Shun Brown, ARIZ; Michael Sleep-Dalton, ASU; Dylan Klumph, CAL; Alex Kinney, COLO; Tony Brooks-James, ORE; Jet Toner, STAN; Stefan Flintoft, UCLA; Matt Gay, UTAH; Dante Pettis, WASH.
|Sep. 5||Josh Rosen, UCLA||Devante Downs, CAL||Jake Olson, USC|
- Arizona Football
- Arizona State Football
- California Football
- Colorado Football
- Oregon Football
- Oregon State Football
- Stanford Football
- UCLA Football
- USC Football
- Utah Football
- Washington Football
- Washington State Football
- Arizona State
- Oregon State
- Washington State