Pac-12 Student-Athlete Health & Well-Being Initiative
Created in 2013, the Pac-12 Student-Athlete Health & Well-Being Initiative (SAHWBI) is a collective effort between the Pac-12 and its member universities to find ways to reduce injuries, share current best practices and latest studies, and conduct research to uncover new ways to keep student-athletes as safe as possible.
Student-athlete health and safety is paramount to the Pac-12 and the Conference has taken a proactive approach to ensure the safety of its student-athletes. This initiative harnesses the full resources of the Pac-12's research institutions for the benefit of our student-athletes. Among the many pillars of the initiative include:
- Pac-12 Research Grant Program
- Brain Trauma Task Force
- Concussion Coordinating Unit
- Pac-12 Health Analytics Program (HAP)
- Mental Health Task Force & Coordinating Unit
- Student-Athlete Health Conference
Pac-12 SAHWBI Events
The Pac-12 hosts an annual Student-Athlete Health Conference which serves as a forum for doctors and medical trainers from Pac-12 institutions to share best practices, review ongoing research studies, evaluate Pac-12 policies, and discuss other aspects of the Pac-12 Student-Athlete Health and Well-Being Initiative. This meeting also features speakers and programs that advance collaboration between all 12 universities and establish an official process for implementing recommendations put forth by the conference.
Other past Pac-12 SAHWBI events have included:
- “Sport-Related Concussion: A New Era of Scientific Collaboration,” hosted in January 2017 by the Pac-12, NCAA and the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
- “Student-Athlete Mental Health Summit,” hosted in January 2020 by the Pac-12, NCAA and UCLA at the Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center.
Pac-12 SAHWBI Opportunities
Please check back for future Pac-12 SAWHBI opportunities & request for proposals!
For questions related to the Pac-12 SAHWBI and potential opportunities, please contact: SA_HealthWellBeing@pac-12.org.
Intellectual Property Rights
For a copy of Pac-12 Intellectual Property Rights terms & conditions, please click here.