Husky Tracksters' Return to Idaho Proves Fruitful
Feb. 17, 2001
SEATTLE -- The Huskies second-straight weekend in Idaho, this time for the Vandal Invitational, proved to be well worth the trip east for the Husky track teams as four new athletes reached Mountain Pacific qualifying standards and the UW squads won three events overall.
The Husky men's team boasted two event winners: senior sprinter Ja'Warren Hooker (Ellensburg, Wash.) and the 4x400 relay team. Three new individuals earned Mountain Pacific qualifying marks, while six previous qualifiers improved on their marks.
On the women's side, sophomore Kate Bradshaw (Issaquah, Wash.) was the lone event winner, taking the 3,000m event and improving her Mountain Pacific mark by nearly 14 seconds.
Five Husky women improved upon their previous Mountain Pacific qualifying marks, while sophomore Melissa Chapman (Millcreek, Wash.) joined their ranks in the 800m.
The UW squads will compete the weekend of competition in Moscow, with the McDonald's II Open Track meet, which is set to begin at 8 a.m. Saturday.
Husky Top Finishers
Feb. 16, Vandal Invitational, Moscow, Idaho
1. Kate Bradshaw, 3,000m, 9:55.72
2. 4x400 relay team, 3:45.27
3. Jamara Smith, 60m dash, 7.65
4. Elizabeth Rogers, 800m run, 2:15.37
4. Brittiny Roberts, Triple jump, 38-8 3/4
5. MerryJane Bendico, Pole Vault, 11-11 3/4
6. Melissa Chapman, 800m run, 2:16.31
7. Susan Werner, 800m run, 2:17.73
7. Zee Ogarro, 55m hurdles, 8.40
8. Kelsey Sheppard, 55m hurdles, 8.56
8. Chelsie Pentz, 60m dash, 8.07
1. Ja'Warren Hooker, 60m dash, 6.62
1. 4x400 relay team, 3:12.98
2. Sean Steele, High jump, 6-11 3/4
2. Dustin Duke, Mile run, 4:17.30
2. Marc James, 55m hurdles, 7.65
3. Hendrik Kok, Mile run, 4:17.70
3. David Bazzi, 3,000m, 8:06.57
3. Marcus Kelly, Triple jump, 47-0 1/4
4. Todd Arnold, 800m run, 1:55.46
4. Frank Remund, High jump, 6-8 3/4
4. Ryan Graham, 400m dash, 50.65
4. Josh Renz, 55m hurdles, 7.75
6. Greg Forni, 60m dash, 7.01
8. Cory Christianson, High jump, 6-4 3/4
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 6:00pm PTLive
TODAY | 8:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 4:00pm PTLive