No. 13 South Alabama Shuts Out Men's Tennis
March 27, 2001
MOBILE, Ala. - The University of Oregon men's tennis team dropped a 7-0 match Tuesday to No. 13 South Alabama at the Bruce David Lubel Memorial Tennis Complex.
The Ducks, ranked No. 62 in the nation, fall to 8-7 on the season. South Alabama, meanwhile, improves to 19-2, which includes a 9-0 home record. The Jaguars snapped the Ducks' three-match winning streak.
'(South Alabama) played as well or better than anyone we've played this year,' sixth-year Oregon coach Chris Russell said. 'We played well at times. Hopefully, we can pick it up a little bit in other spots. We're going to continue to get better.'
Oregon remains in Mobile, Ala., taking on 19th-ranked Fresno State (10-6) Thursday at noon PST.
No. 13 South Alabama 7, No. 62 Oregon 0
1. Thomas Chatar (USA) def. Oded Teig (UO), 6-2, 6-3
2. Julien Raynal (USA) def. Martin Pawlowski (UO), 7-6, 6-3
3. Vince Baudat (USA) def. Buck Mink (UO), 7-6, 6-3
4. Zlatko Stupavsky (USA) def. David Becker (UO), 6-0, 6-2
5. Kosta Zinchanka (USA) def. Jason Menke (UO), 6-1, 6-0
6. Evan Fowler (USA) def. Greg Dubourdieu (UO), 6-1, 6-1
1. Raynal/Baudat (USA) def. Becker/Pawlowski (UO), 8-3
2. Chatar/Zinchanka (USA) def. Mink/Menke (UO), 8-1
3. Fowler/ Stupavsky (USA) def. Teig/Chris King (UO), 8-3
Thu 1/24 | 6:00pm PTLive
Thu 1/24 | 8:00pm PTLive